THE BEST FOOD YOU EVER ATE?!

2»

Replies

• bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Shore lunch...Canada...freshly caught walleye...filleted, dipped in cracker crumbs and fried. Best meal ever!!
  • Gotta represent the midwest here in KC lol I love love love fried chicken from Strouds and the best BBQ I have ever had is Jack Stack BBQ, their burnt ends will literally melt in your mouth
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    My mother's fried chicken and shrimp YUM!
    My lumpia (Filipinos!) & pot roast YUMMO!
    My hubby's egg salad (he needs to open a restaurant!) Delish!
    My ma-in-law's sweet potatoes . . . mouth watering!
    My father's bbq ribs - need I say more?
    My uncle's baked mac-n-cheese - oh cheesy goodness!
    Molten chocolate cake at Morton's . . . IT'S Ridiculous!

Dang now I want some of that...I love lumpia
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    the buckeye roadhouse right across the bridge from san francisco, the best leg of lamb i've ever had... it was fall off the bone, perfectly spiced.. delicious!

max's cafe in corte madera has the best desserts.. they have this one dessert that is layers of chocolate cake, chocolate mouse, butter cream and raspberry filling.. all in gooey layers.. so sinful!

and at sweet things in tiburon, they have this pie they do at christmas time, its a cranberry, apple, raspberry pie that is so good, just tangy and sweet and the crust is all buttery.. awesome!
  • while not the right website for this.....I did the spinach thing, but started with sauteed onions and mushrooms and two slices of crumbled bacon, then tosses the spinach in
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    while not the right website for this.....I did the spinach thing, but started with sauteed onions and mushrooms and two slices of crumbled bacon, then tosses the spinach in

that is a good! If I were to have a request it would have to be something sweet and delcious and creaming and it could come from any where.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    From a restaurant in Napa called The Homestead ... beet & goat cheese salad, baked mac and cheese, herbed chicken ... nothing fresher than the food from this place. Organic and from their farm. Oh..and did I say a delish glass of sauvignon blanc... hhhmmmm
  • Thai food on the beach in Florida. Just a little shack right on the beach, but probably the best Thai food I ever had. (My ex would agree, and he is from Thailand.)
  • Thought my last post was responding to a specific post. Best thing I've had recently at a restaurant was braised lamb, tomato and taragon over homemade papardelle. The sauce was so delicious and the lamb was perfect and just melted. The papardelle was so silky and light, not like store bought pasta.

Second would have to be my first uni experience. Such smooth texture and luxurious flavor. Perfect end to a meal that consisted of a wonderful yellow fin carpaccio with slivers of jalapeno and lime juice, followed by numerous pieces of sushi and sashimi.

If I had to say ever. My mother was an incredible cook. Her Osso Bucco, Paella, Jambalya, Roasted leg of lamb, Sauerbraten, you name it.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    a Napoleon pastry from the boulangerie patisserie in France in Epcot, Disney World. Also, my friend who is an amazing chef made this mile high peanut butter pie. Oh lordy.
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    I have not gone all over the world like some of you but have still had some awsome food.

Beef medalions with candied mushrooms from a local place that no longer open.
    Claim chowder from some small shack in Portland Maine. They also had the best calimari I have had too.
    Orange Sweet Rolls. Green market Kitchen Fargo ND (anything they make is awsome realy)
    Cheese cake, Luigi's Fargo ND
    Steak, Farmington Steakhouse MN
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    totally forgot, pismo beach has two awesome resteraunts (i'm sure they have lots, these are the two i love)

splash cafe right near the pier, best clam chowder i've ever had.. its creamy, and buttery, and just the right amount of clam... to die for

and the cracked crab.. you choose a few different types of shellfish, they put it a pot with potatoes and sausage and steam it, then they dump it out at your table and you just eat it with your hands and its delicious.. so fresh...we like to go during dungeness season and get a whole crab and slipper lobsters and shrimp... love it!
  • Juniors Devils Food Cheesecake... it's a really good NY Cheesecake from the place that put it on the map stuffed into a full slice of Devils Food Cake. It's amazing.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    It's a toss up between Chicken Parmesan from Best Italian Restaurant or a steak from the Alamo Restaurant., both in Gatlinburg Tenn.!!!! Eat at both places every visit, sometimes twice!!!
  • Thai food on the beach in Florida. Just a little shack right on the beach, but probably the best Thai food I ever had. (My ex would agree, and he is from Thailand.)

Anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale?:happy:
  • and mine just might be a roast beef sandwich with fresh onions on it from a butcher shop in Bath, England. sooo gooood

Anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale?:happy:

It was in Clearwater, but this was back in the early '90's so I doubt if it is still there.