baby spinach

Options
Ok this may not be news to some but I just wanted to share my new favorite side dish....I took a 5oz cont of baby spinach leaves and sauteed it with 1 T oil and sea salt and pepper til wilted (about 5 min) then squeazed some fresh lemon juice and cooked just a minute or so longer ...OH MY GOSH it was sooo good and fast and easy and good for you!!!:love: Ok people so it doesn't take much to excite me but just wanted to share!

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with that too! I like to add some crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit. Kale is also super delicious made in exactly the same way. A big pile of that and whatever meat/protien I'm having that meal and I'm super satisfied!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. That's not something I would have even though about doing since I usually eat it raw
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i love baby spinach with oranges, strawberries [if they are available], red onion, bacon bits and a light raspberry vinaigrette. delicious.
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i love baby spinach with oranges, strawberries [if they are available], red onion, bacon bits and a light raspberry vinaigrette. delicious.

..raw spinach, that is.
  • StacyMarieDiaz
    Options
    I can eat raw spinach right out of the bag(as long as its organic lol) I love it better raw than cooked.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with that too! I like to add some crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit. Kale is also super delicious made in exactly the same way. A big pile of that and whatever meat/protien I'm having that meal and I'm super satisfied!

I have never tried kale but i will!!
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Agree, really good flavor and the sea salt is great.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I can eat raw spinach right out of the bag(as long as its organic lol) I love it better raw than cooked.

I also can. my 6 yr old will pick it out of my spring salad if I let her.

I didn't have good luck with kale. I tried it a few times and did not enjoy it like I do spinach. OP, have you tried sauteing the spinach with chopped onions, and making an egg white omelet out of it? I love it for breakfast. with a little cheese, yum!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
    I love spinach in any form. I even love it in smoothies!