Sweet Tooth

Options
Ok, today my sweet tooth took over!!!!

It was just one of those days..............too much work, too little time and major PMS
(sorry guys, at least i took it out on the left-over chocolate easter bunny!!!)

Anyways, any suggestions for lo-cal chocolate snacks?

Replies

• shanacleo
    shanacleo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok, today my sweet tooth took over!!!!

It was just one of those days..............too much work, too little time and major PMS
    (sorry guys, at least i took it out on the left-over chocolate easter bunny!!!)

Anyways, any suggestions for lo-cal chocolate snacks?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    To be honest with you I dont really think is a such thang as low calorie chocolate sweets. I just cut candy out my life period. But if you must, eat in moderation and workout afterwards.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    fat free sugar free chocolate fudge instant jello pudding. add a dollop of lite cool whip and it feels so indulgent. you can have a lot of this for not very many calories.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    fat free sugar free chocolate fudge instant jello pudding. add a dollop of lite cool whip and it feels so indulgent. you can have a lot of this for not very many calories.

no offense

but coolwhip is TOTAL CRAP for your body

if your gonna eat chocolate,,,eat it.

.the real thing is heaven

just earn it with exercise and it tastes even better without the guilt
  • EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Hersheys makes 60 calorie chocolate sticks..there small but that satisfy the sweet tooth for me:bigsmile:
  • lmarcott
    lmarcott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hersheys makes 60 calorie chocolate sticks..there small but that satisfy the sweet tooth for me:bigsmile:

If that is tru, you are a VERY lucky lady. Good for you.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    fudgsicles are the bomb! I get the regular ones that are 100 calories and zero fat for a big sized one ( I could go sugar free but I dont like to use too much artificial sweetener)

I budget one of these in my calories every single day in the morning, as my evening snack. I dont always eat it, but I always budget for it so IF i get a chocolate craving i have room. I probably eat one twice a week on average. satisfies the chocolate cravings, and the ice cream cravings as well.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    How about a chocolate flavored protein shake? Blend a half scoop of chocolate protein with a half-cup of your favorite low-fat milk, a half-cup of cold water, half a banana, and a half cup of ice. You'll get a very rich, creamy, sweet, and nutritious chocolate shake for 150 calories. Just replace one of your snacks with it or go out for a walk afterward.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options

OMG those are so good and they come in milk chocolate, caramel fill and dark chocolate
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options

They have quite a few sugar free puddings that are delicious and sugar free, personnel favortie dulce de leche followed by chocolate
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

no offense

but coolwhip is TOTAL CRAP for your body

if your gonna eat chocolate,,,eat it.

.the real thing is heaven

just earn it with exercise and it tastes even better without the guilt

I agree with this... last week was a very stressful week for me - my mother had surgery and we had lots of people in and out. Everyone decided on Cold Stone Creamery one night and I was "good" - I had the sinless cake batter ice cream. It was good - but not what I would "normally" order. I craved something else for days. Later in the week we all went back and I ordered a dark chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups... it was WORTH the calories because I REALLY wanted it - and it satisfied me. I think you just have to start looking at "treats" for what they are... an occasional thing. If you want chocolate EAT chocolate - just watch your portions and make it work into your program.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hershey makes individual wrapped chocolate squares. I get the Dark Chocolate. 4 squares is 180 calories but I usually can get by with 1 or 2. Dark chocolate is supposed to be better for you. I agree though, if you are gonna do it, get the real stuff and budget your calories for it. SF Jello is good though.
  • tallutta
    tallutta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just purchased a "Think Thin" Creamy Peanut Butter high protein bar. It is 240 calories which is a lot but 20 grams of protein.

I put it in freezer and just took little bites from time to time, very very good and healthy in comparison to a chocolate bar.

Just found this link on Ebay for a different kind (I am in no way affiliated):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Think-Thin-Brownie-Crunch-Box-of-10-bars_W0QQitemZ270373975243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270373975243&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
  • shanacleo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Great tips! I am happy to see i can feed my craving without jeopardizing my hard work!

I plan to try one tip a week along with exercise and moderation!

Looking forward to a pudding snack along with coolwhip tonight. Yum!
  • shanacleo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Great tips! I am happy to see i can feed my craving without jeopardizing my hard work!

I plan to try one tip a week along with exercise and moderation!

Looking forward to a pudding snack along with coolwhip tonight. Yum!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    love the puddings.... :)

also, dryers slow-churned ice cream!!! lower in cals, but tastes like regular ice cream!