Waist Trimmers?

Options
Has anyone tried the waist trimmers that you are supposed to wear during cardio? My trainer told me to wear one. I have a long way to go for my goal weight - I just kind of started. But it was $10 at ****'s so I figured I would try....Any experiences?

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    gimmick
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like mine.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Has anyone tried the waist trimmers that you are supposed to wear during cardio? My trainer told me to wear one. I have a long way to go for my goal weight - I just kind of started. But it was $10 at ****'s so I figured I would try....Any experiences?

if your trainer told you to wear one to actually assist with weight loss, then fire that trainer
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

if your trainer told you to wear one to actually assist with weight loss, then fire that trainer

100% agree
  • 32nissy
    Options
    i were one and they do work.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    It will make you sweat a little more but it won't make you burn any moe calories.
  • chachalita8
    chachalita8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zafferFL
    Options
    i were one and they do work.

work for what? sweating?

Personally, I don't like sweating any more than I need to just for the case of sweating.
  • dgn5cs
    Options
    I've had five kids so I look like a shar-pei dog in the middle. I've been wearing one while I do my workout, and I've found that I can finally see my waist coming back. I doubt if it burns more calories; it just moves things around maybe, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making to fit back into my old skirts!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I wear a "thigh trimmer" on one leg while I work out, but it's not for the intended use of increased weight loss. I suffered a hematoma to my thigh last fall and use it as a compression wrap so that I can work out without pain in the area.

And I can honestly say that despite wearing the supposed "trimmer" on my right thigh for every workout since early October, that my right thigh is absolutely no thinner than my left thigh.

The only difference from leg to leg is that my right thigh gets disgustingly sweaty and I always have bizarre sweat patterns on my right pants legs.
  • indianjones
    indianjones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It might help with holding the heat in your core and in turn burn more calories. Also you will get a little back support. It also holds that excess skin/fat back. I don't have one and don't wear one. These are just pure speculations. I don't see any harm in wearing one. I might try it too.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your trainer is a loser.
  • zafferFL
    Options
    It might help with holding the heat in your core and in turn burn more calories. Also you will get a little back support. It also holds that excess skin/fat back. I don't have one and don't wear one. These are just pure speculations. I don't see any harm in wearing one. I might try it too.

holding heat to core? yes, that's pure speculation.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I did and still do. I lost a total of 112lbs, my measurements now are
    chest 36D
    waist 25
    hip 37

It worked so well for me I still do it, it is a small investment compared to the other things we spend our money on too.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wear one for every single workout. Mostly because after having my daughter my stomach is my "problem area". It holds in the belly so it's not uncomfortable when I run. I like it. I don't necessarily use it to "lose more weight" or "sweat more". I wear it because I personally have seen results with it and it makes me feel better and more comfortable when I'm exercising. Everyone is different. It may make a difference for some but not for others.

The one I got is only $5 at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Waist-Trimmer-Belt/12167842
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine for every workout for the past two months and I love it. It helps me hold a better posture during workouts and I sweat buckets. I don't know if it has helped shrink my waist. I think my waist shrinking is due to the exercise itself and healthy eating. But the waist trimmer certainly doesn't hurt.. I like how it makes me sweat around the mid section. Even if it helps me burn a few extra calories during my workouts, I'll take it!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    All they do is help beginners to hold your ab muscles in during exercise which you should be trying to do anyway. Just make sure you breathe. These do work for some people but if you can program yourself to "crunch" when you exercise they aren't completely necessary. Many trainers suggest these things for beginners and I believe it isn't a bad idea at all. Of course the slimmer in itself will not slim your ab area. Only weight loss will do that. But it will assist in the toning process by helping you flex your abs area.