Yummy treat!!!!

Options
So I just wanted to share my new yummy low fat treat!! LOVE IT!!!
OK so...its Angel Food Cake, and slice it into 3 sections...(top, middle, bottom layer)
then in a bowl mix a 6oz tub of cool whip (any kind, but I used sugar free), one can of crushed pineapple, and one instant pack of vanilla pudding (just the powder) any kind (I used the sugar free-fat free).
Once thats all mixed, spread it on to the 3 layers, then around the sides of the whole cake.
Sooo YUMMY!!! Angel cake 150 cal. (one slice) Pudding (1/2 cup 25 cal) cool whip (2 tbsp 20 cal) and the pineapple (1/2 cup 70 cal) Not too bad considering you spread it out and dont take in the full amount. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Try it..you'll like it! :bigsmile:

Thanks for letting me share this w/ you all!!

Replies

• mistyreed82
    Options
    OK so...its Angel Food Cake, and slice it into 3 sections...(top, middle, bottom layer)
    then in a bowl mix a 6oz tub of cool whip (any kind, but I used sugar free), one can of crushed pineapple, and one instant pack of vanilla pudding (just the powder) any kind (I used the sugar free-fat free).
    Once thats all mixed, spread it on to the 3 layers, then around the sides of the whole cake.
    Sooo YUMMY!!! Angel cake 150 cal. (one slice) Pudding (1/2 cup 25 cal) cool whip (2 tbsp 20 cal) and the pineapple (1/2 cup 70 cal) Not too bad considering you spread it out and dont take in the full amount. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Try it..you'll like it! :bigsmile:

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I usually make angel food cake with a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple and bake. So yummy! :heart: I will be trying this over the weekend. Thanks!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    LOL My grandma just had this almost exact same thing at Easter. I don't think she sectioned it, but otherwise it was the same thing. Yum!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I really dont understand

Cool Whip is TOTAL CRAP for your body

use the real thing...yes it has more calories but dont you guys care what you are putting in your bodies?

your body would like real food ...not chemicals made in a factory

it isnt all about calories....please do not eat cool whip
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I have to agree with Dave. if your going to eat something, make it the real thing, not imitation.
    Whip cream, butter, sugar........they are all fine in moderation, heaven only knows what all those chemicals are doing to your body . I wish to be healthy for a lifetime, not preserved eternity.....
  • lmarcott
    lmarcott Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Sounds, yummy. What size can of pineapple? This will be a treat, but not for now....... I am new. My plan is to stay strick for 14 days and then maybe I can have this treat. Can't wait. Thanks
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    I really dont understand

use the real thing...yes it has more calories but dont you guys care what you are putting in your bodies?

OMG....Calm down. Its ok....ONCE in a while...in moderation...it wont kill you. Live a little! hehe...
    I personally never eat cool whip...I did however today b/c I wanted to try this YUMMY TREAT!!! And boy was it YUMMY!! hehe....I promise you I wont eat it anymore UNLESS I make this. (which is once in a blue moon) K? :wink:
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    Sounds, yummy. What size can of pineapple? This will be a treat, but not for now....... I am new. My plan is to stay strick for 14 days and then maybe I can have this treat. Can't wait. Thanks
    [/quote]

Just a reg. size..20oz. You wont use the whole mix...but thats ok if you do. :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I really dont understand

OMG....Calm down. Its ok....ONCE in a while...in moderation...it wont kill you. Live a little! hehe...
    I personally never eat cool whip...I did however today b/c I wanted to try this YUMMY TREAT!!! And boy was it YUMMY!! hehe....I promise you I wont eat it anymore UNLESS I make this. (which is once in a blue moon) K? :wink:

ok,,,but only once in a blue moon..
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    I really dont understand

DEAL!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I really dont understand

DEAL!

good
    the next blue moon is June 12, 2047
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    whew... I'm glad that worked out, your health is our top priority, and as long as you promise , you'll get by with just a warning this time.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. That sounds wonderful. I love pineapple! And am I allowed to say....

I also like Cool Whip??? I like them all....the sugar-free, the lite, AND the "leaded" version! :heart: :blushing: Yes, I'm sure it has some ingredients that are not good for the body, but compared to other sweet things I could be eating, Cool Whip is the least of my worries. It's fluffy, sweet, light, and low fat and low calorie. Poor Cool Whip....everybody hatin' up on her today.:noway:

Hope you all have a great week! I always appreciate all of the great recipe ideas and positive feedback and support! :glasses:
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. That sounds wonderful. I love pineapple! And am I allowed to say....

I also like Cool Whip??? I like them all....the sugar-free, the lite, AND the "leaded" version! :heart: :blushing: Yes, I'm sure it has some ingredients that are not good for the body, but compared to other sweet things I could be eating, Cool Whip is the least of my worries. It's fluffy, sweet, light, and low fat and low calorie. Poor Cool Whip....everybody hatin' up on her today.:noway:

Hope you all have a great week! I always appreciate all of the great recipe ideas and positive feedback and support! :glasses:

Youre very welcome!! And I think its ok to like cool whip! Its a lot better than some other things we could be eating...drinking...etc. Its ok. But like I said, for me personally Im not a huge fan, except for this treat!! :)
    Good Luck to all!!! :smile:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Oooh - this looks really good! I'm going to try this one 4sure!

Despite the controversy, I eat cool whip pretty often in one of my low fat desserts (I make sugar free/fat free/ pudding with non-fat milk, add a few mini marshmallows and top it off with cool whip). Even a real small portion satisfies the sweet tooth. I make up little containers ahead of time so that I can't cheat with more "tasties".

Thanx for the recipe idea - mmm!
    I'll try my hardest not to top this recipe off with toasted coconut! :blushing:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    This sounds nummy!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: cool whip!:smooched: :tongue:

I made something similar a few months ago.
    I added strawberries, peaches and almonds.. Mmmmm!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Despite the controversy, I eat cool whip pretty often in one of my low fat desserts (I make sugar free/fat free/ pudding with non-fat milk, add a few mini marshmallows and top it off with cool whip). Even a real small portion satisfies the sweet tooth. I make up little containers ahead of time so that I can't cheat with more "tasties".

I am truly curious and in no way wanting a debate...I would really like to know why you think it isOK to put these chemicals in your body just to save a few calories.

Is it the moderation argument? a little junk is OK?

is it the "there are other worse things to eat" argument?

why not eat the real thing? becasuse it has too many calories?

thanks and I am really not wanting an argument..I just dont understand why people eat something like this.
    thanks
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    anyone got a carb and sugar count on this recipe per serving?:drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I just recently picked up a Sugar Free Angel Food cake in the Walmart bakery section. I believe it was 120 cals for a pretty hefty 1/4 cake slice! Also picked up the sugar free strawberry glaze and strawberries. Hoping I can convince my diabetic father to enjoy this treat instead of his cookies that send his blood sugar sky-rocketing. He might like this recipes too, and even though I don't like pineapple, I suppose I could be a good daughter and make it for him anyhow. :smile:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

I am truly curious and in no way wanting a debate...I would really like to know why you think it isOK to put these chemicals in your body just to save a few calories.

Is it the moderation argument? a little junk is OK?

is it the "there are other worse things to eat" argument?

why not eat the real thing? becasuse it has too many calories?

thanks and I am really not wanting an argument..I just dont understand why people eat something like this.
    thanks

That's ok! I don't think you are "debating". I actually think that you are asking some good questions.
    I really don't have a good answer except for maybe your A and C. Truthfully, I would love to eat "the real thing" because I do believe it is better for you. Cooking is something I excel at and I enjoy making everything real and homeade (for when company comes over and I'm hosting dinner parties) but, for me and my weight loss, it's the calorie thing. I know in my mind that if I consume all of those calories, I will have to take away food (or even whole meals) from my daily allowance. Also, I had lost 80 lbs a few years ago by cutting back on the calories by eating Splenda and Cool Whip and all of that junk (in moderation of course). I need to keep going to get to my goal weight and I notice that a little of that stuff doesn't effect the way my body feels. Anyway, to make a long story short... You do have a good point. Maybe I'm ignorant or wrong but it seems to work (for me) to keep the calories down.