8lb difference between scales :S

Options
I have been weighing myself on my scale at home, and my weight has been fairly consistent the past few weeks (haven't been working as hard as I should- not gaining, but not losing either).

I weighed in yesterday at the scale at work (used for metabolic testing) for our biggest loser challenge that is just starting. My weight there was about 8 pounds lighter than my scale at home said!

I WOULD normally celebrate, but, I doubt I am actually that weight, since I think my clothes would fit a bit looser if I had actually lost that much. BUT, I also would think that the work scale would be more accurate, since they use it for fitness testing (in a college).

I guess I don't know where to record my weight and what #s I should continue to use! I did mention to the tester that I was surprised it was so low, and she said it is usually about 1lb low. Maybe I should just stick to inches at this point! :P

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You should use the same scale every time you weigh. Not that you can't weigh in at work, but don't use that to track your loss. You can check for accuracy by taking a weight, say 5 lbs, and putting it on the scale.