Metabolic Fitness Rate?

Options
slieber
slieber Posts: 765 Member
Where can I get this? And what does it usually cost?

Just out of curiosity, I had to have a small physical on Friday to rule out other issues while dealing with what is now known as a cold (yuck!).

She checked my oxygen rate via that finger thingy: 79
My resting HR at the time was 53

Can anything be done with THIS info? Or will I have to find some clinic or whatnot to get the Metabolic Fitness Rate done?

The lady who did all my med stuff was very impressed with my readings - very fit, she said (dang well should be after all these months of hard exercise!!). :-)

All ideas welcome...

Replies

• slieber
    Options
    Where can I get this? And what does it usually cost?

Just out of curiosity, I had to have a small physical on Friday to rule out other issues while dealing with what is now known as a cold (yuck!).

She checked my oxygen rate via that finger thingy: 79
    My resting HR at the time was 53

Can anything be done with THIS info? Or will I have to find some clinic or whatnot to get the Metabolic Fitness Rate done?

The lady who did all my med stuff was very impressed with my readings - very fit, she said (dang well should be after all these months of hard exercise!!). :-)

All ideas welcome...
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    are you sure your oxygen "rate" was 79? an oxygen rate (saturation) of 79 is NOT good...normal is 95-100% ...maybe that 79 was your heart rate which can be picked up by the probe???......the metabolic test i think you're talking about is called Resting Metabolic Rate and that can be done by a trainer or nutritionist with the proper equipment..it usually involves fasting before the test, breathing through a tube attached to a machine for about 10 minutes, and then hopefully they will evaluate your numbers and guide you in the right direction! :flowerforyou:
  • slieber
    Options
    My HR was 53. The lady just stuck a thing on my finger that read 79 and she said that was great. She did say something about oxygen, but I can't recall. I think I might have the paperwork floating around somewhere, though. I'll check it.