HELP!! My skin is just not cooperating!

So before I start on this journey my face was SUPER oily, at the end of the day you could fry an egg on my face cause it was so oily. Now that I have changed my old habits and have started eating healthy and drink nothing but water my skin has done a 180 and is really dry. My face is in permenent peeling mode, I cannot get it to stop being so dry that its continuously peeling. Putting on make-up is a nightmare cause it all looks lumpy and patchy. I apply mosturizer at night and every morning but still very dry particularly around my nose and cheeks. I've also used exfoliants but nothing seems to be working. I haven't been out in the sun so peeling from a sunburn also doesn't make sense. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Replies

• It must be your diet. Diet is the key to your health. For example, if you upped your protein or dropped the carbs...even the balance back out a bit. Something's off and your body knows it.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    I would go to a dermatologist and talk with them about it. Also you maybe over doing it with the products or you could be allergic to something you are using. There could be many reasons.

What products do you use?
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    I would go to a dermatologist and talk with them about it. Also you maybe over doing it with the products or you could be allergic to something you are using. There could be many reasons.

What products do you use?

MAC, saphora and for the exfoliant I use St. Ives. I've been using these for years, I have a Derm appt tomorrow I will mention it to her. Thanks for the reminder to ask my doctor
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Are you drinking enough water? And remember it is winter so the air is allot dryer then normal...i suggest find a ready hydrating skin cream, petroleum jelly is good to before you go to bed.
  • I am slathering on bio oil at the mo, for dry patches and to help with the turkey neck thing I have going on.

. I also realised that I was getting yuk skin after using my really expensive hair conditioner so I have stopped using it and things have got better..

Hope you get it sorted soon
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Are you drinking enough water? And remember it is winter so the air is allot dryer then normal...i suggest find a ready hydrating skin cream, petroleum jelly is good to before you go to bed.

I'm drinking about 128oz of water a day give or take.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Talk with the derm tomorrow. I find that I have to change my products with the seasons. Good luck!