I've become one of "Those Guys"

Options
It's happened, I've become one of "those guys". You know, the ones who are lifting actual free weights and appear to know what they're doing. At least I know how to do the stuff I"m doing. Have even had a couple people ask me how to use different stuff or do different exercises.

And worse, I'm starting to notice the people who are doing things wrong. The ones who do an hour on the treadmill at a nice plodding pace. Or the guys lifting but using horrible technique. Guy this morning was just horrible. He was using the curl machine and was lifting himself up off the seat and using his body weight to throw the weights up for his bicep curls. When benching, he was arching his back off the bench and I thought he was going to injure himself.

Crazy that I'm now at a point where I not only am doing productive exercise but I know enough to spot people doing things wrong.

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I say good for you!

No idea if you should offer any help to someone like that guy. Though I know that I would appreciate a tactful correction if I was going to end up otherwise hurting myself.