Unusual sources of motivation.

Options
Yesterday was my first day back at college for the spring semester, and in our Chem class the professor gave the usual lab safety spiel. He told us that if we spilled chemicals on ourselves we'd have to strip down entirely naked and get right into the high-pressure shower that is in the corner of the lab in full view of everybody. I assume most students first thought "Oh s*it, I'd better be careful not to spill on myself!!", but my mind immediately went to "Oh *kitten*, I'd better get super fit so that my body looks hot in case do spill on myself and have to get naked in front of everybody"

(Haha, obviously I'm not planning on being anything less than super careful with the chemicals. I'm not that much of an attention *kitten*!)

I know this is silly, but does anybody else have unconventional things like that that have motivated them or (even for a moment) made them think "I'd better get in shape then!"?

Replies

• committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I love this.. :) And so true!! I got invited to a friend’s wedding in Illinois this August where I'll be seeing old friends from high school that I haven't seen in 7 years. Including my first boyfriend, first love, and the only guy to ever break my heart! I saw recent pictures of him and needless to say, he hasn't "aged" as well as I have... I've been working out every day since...... Cheers Motha F*cka!! :flowerforyou:
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    pmsl!!! love this - im exactly the same hun. had a hot tub party ages ago & thought "oh - i best wax & tone up b4 just incase we get drunk & go naked"

:laugh:

p.s. - please dnt spill any chemicals on yaself. ;)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    pmsl!!! love this - im exactly the same hun. had a hot tub party ages ago & thought "oh - i best wax & tone up b4 just incase we get drunk & go naked"

:laugh:

p.s. - please dnt spill any chemicals on yaself. ;)

Haha I've totally done the exact same thing!
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I so want to sign up for that chem class...

As for motivation.... I can't pinpoint it. I just want to.
  • lowkeyelv
    Options
    Working in entertainment, even though I have no aspirations to be in front of the camera, you're sometimes judged on how you look nonetheless. Why? No reason other than perhaps people being accustomed to doing that. So now there is this weird and illogical motivation to be in very good shape for no particular reason that has any bearing on my ability to producer or perform legal work well.
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i am old enough to have an ex husband, so my motivation is to be hotter than his current "thing"...and i definitely am!!!