Help! I'm clueless

Options
I'm starting to put on here the exercise I do at the gym but not at school as I don't know what I burn off. Should I eat more and of what to bring my cals up as I'm not losing. Is my defecit too big for me as I aim to eat 1450 at 228 lbs?? I dont have a clue anymore

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    what kinds of exercises are you doing at school, exactly? are they not in the MFP database?
  • tiaait95
    Options
    Basketball training an hour a week, athletics every few weeks and whatever pe lesson my teacher has planned once a week for about 45 mins. But it must be said im not the most enthusiastic during school.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Basketball training an hour a week, athletics every few weeks and whatever pe lesson my teacher has planned once a week for about 45 mins. But it must be said im not the most enthusiastic during school.

I used to HATE gym, now I wish I had it every day! as for those exercises, I'm sure they are listed in the database individually (for basketball I imagine you run suicides, latters, scrimmages, etc) and for the other athletics, that's a bit vague, but I'm guessing it's a mix of weights and jogging, maybe climbing the rope (does that still exist???) etc, which would again be able to be listed in your exercise diary in detail.

you also might consider changing your 'lifestyle' to active or intense to account for more day-to-day calories you burn
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

I used to HATE gym, now I wish I had it every day! as for those exercises, I'm sure they are listed in the database individually (for basketball I imagine you run suicides, latters, scrimmages, etc) and for the other athletics, that's a bit vague, but I'm guessing it's a mix of weights and jogging, maybe climbing the rope (does that still exist???) etc, which would again be able to be listed in your exercise diary in detail.

you also might consider changing your 'lifestyle' to active or intense to account for more day-to-day calories you burn

based on her post, I wouldn't change the lifestyle setting. Playing an hour of basketball in a PE class 1 time a week does not constitute "active" lifestyle for a student. That 1 hour is matched by 30 or more hours of sitting in class.