It's a "hollow day"...help!!

Options
All day long I've been hungry. I had my usual breakfast, but by 9am I was famished. I knew it was going to be a difficult day! I had my snack (orange) and then my lunch, but was still hungry. I am now munching on wasabi & soy almonds (not a planned snack). Why? Because they're too hot/spicy to just gulp down so I have to eat them one at a time, very slowly! :laugh: :wink: I'm also drinking my water in the hopes of getting rid of this hollow day!

What do you guys do when you seem to be a hungry, bottomless pit and you WANT to stay on track?

Replies

• cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have an emergency box of High fiber cereal(right now it's Organic Smart Bran) that's my go to snack when i'm very hungry. The most important thing is to not worry about it too much, one afternoon of a few too many calories will probably be averaged out by the end of the week.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having a high fiber cereal around! Thanks!

Any more ideas out there??
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots and Herbal tea.
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YES! Maybe it's the moon today or something. I'm like a bottomless pit today! I eat, feel pretty okay then in an hour I'm hungry again. Water is NOT helping, now I'm just water logged and have to pee every 5 minutes. I hate, hate, hate hollow days! Just know you're not alone on this one today!
  • jmv42
    jmv42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Totally with you, I have not been able to stop eating today.

I recommend celery. Takes a lot of effort to eat, not a lot of calories!
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I find a large mug of green tea helpful. Right now that is what gets me through every morning! Plus I get the added benefit that it makes me feel fantastic. It is so good for you, and no calories.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...I'd actually eat the carrots right now if I had any! Ran out 2 days ago...booo!

LOL on running to the bathroom! :laugh: I'm doing the same thing today. I'll meet you there in about 3 minutes!

I'm glad I'm not alone in this, I just feel like the whole day has been a struggle!!
  • hannahagraham
    Options
    Drink a crap ton of water, exersize to earn a few extra calories for a high-protien or high-fiber snack!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I dont think this is healthy but sometimes when i get hungry i drink a bottle of water and take a nap or do some work that keeps me distracted.... LIKE reading MFP forums!! haha.... of course im a student so I have a few hours free scattered through the day...
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A protein shake with almond milk shuts them down for me. :)