I'm new and am trying my best to avoid the Taco Bell Demon!!

Options
jamiek
jamiek Posts: 6 Member
Hello all!

What a great venue for those trying to get their stuff together like myself. I am finally back on the wagon of living a healthier lifestyle. I did have taco bell today, but the good thing was that it was just for lunch and all I ate for dinner was a small cup of sugar free applesauce! I'm very proud! It's my official 3rd day of doing this and am trying my best to stay under 1200 cal a day.

Thanks for all of you who post on this site, you are a true inspiration!

Replies

• jamiek
    jamiek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

What a great venue for those trying to get their stuff together like myself. I am finally back on the wagon of living a healthier lifestyle. I did have taco bell today, but the good thing was that it was just for lunch and all I ate for dinner was a small cup of sugar free applesauce! I'm very proud! It's my official 3rd day of doing this and am trying my best to stay under 1200 cal a day.

Thanks for all of you who post on this site, you are a true inspiration!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is the :devil: !!!! Good luck to you on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad you're cutting back on Taco Bell! It's great to take this in small steps.

However, there's no need to stay under 1200 calories; in fact, 1200 is the bare minimum you should be eating to maintain normal bodily functions. Eating less may result in a rapid weight loss initially, but the hormonal effects will be long-lasting and damaging to your body. You burn calories all the time--sleeping, sitting, walking, exercising. If you don't eat enough, your bodily processes will slow down to match your energy intake so you don't rapidly starve to death. That means that you'll have less energy, less ability to fight infection, even less hair growth, etc. You'll burn fewer calories and that will make fat loss very hard. So eat at *least* 1200, or more if you have a high activity level. There are tons of threads for the newer members that explain this in great depth. :smile:
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't reccommend following the 1200 cal thing. (Granted I don't know how much you weigh, so everyone's different)
    However, should you run your car on empty and expect top performance? You don't want your body to go into starvation mode, or it'll just start eating away muscle from your body and not body fat.
    I used to be a Taco Bell fiend. I make my own mexican food and make healthier choices. I now make tacos without the shell and eat salsa without chips and it still tastes good!
    I eat 1600 to 1800 calories a day with 30% fat 30% protein and 40% carbs...no refined sugars/starches. I feel full at every meal and have lost 35 lbs. so far in less than 4 mos. I hit the gym 5 days a week.
    Good luck on your journey. And it's okay to have Taco Bell, pizza or whatever once in a while. But I don't think its a good idea to have practically nothing at the next meal.
    Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I :love: :love: :love: Taco Bell!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You can still have Taco Bell...In the beginning of my journey I would eat only the Fresco menu. They have it look it up on the food tab you will find food from 150 calories up... Enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: