Any Zone Diet fans out there?

Options
Perhaps this might be more appropriate as a "group" topic, but I am just wondering if anyone is out there using the Zone as their diet strategy? If so, please post, it would be neat to be able to connect with those who are following a similar approach/lifestyle. Thanks!

Replies

• cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    just bumping this up, any zoners out there?
  • my4boysrock
    Options
    I'm going to start the Zone diet again. I did it after I had my first son and lost 60lbs quick and felt really good. 3 more kids later and I really need to get back on it!
  • clot77
    Options
    I've been doing it for a little over a week and a half. I feel great and it doesn't really feel like a diet. I like that it makes you really think about how you are putting your meals together
  • my4boysrock
    Options
    That's great! I've been doing it for a week and I'm not craving sugar! It's just hard to have meals and snacks ready so that I don't eat my kids' food! Any ideas on quick snacks? Also good fats. I've had my fill of nuts, avacado and olive oil.:smile:
  • makinit10
    makinit10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the zone... did it last fall and lost weight. Went on it again (new years) after falling off the wagon for 3 months. I feel great and have lost inches but not much weight so far. Realized from journaling my food that my little cheats were costing me weight loss.. An extra block a day matters!!!!
    I love almonds, avacado, and evoo so I don't have a lot of ideas.Try almond butter for a change.
  • megangintx
    megangintx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but my fiance and I started the zone diet a couple weeks ago. I am amazed that I am not craving sugar. I thought that would be a big challenge since I felt I was addicted to it and always craving it.

Any good afternoon snack ideas for work? I've been doing cheese, fruit and nuts.
  • MJCalver
    MJCalver Posts: 29
    Options
    hi guys - I'm a brand new zoner! I have just started training for my first marathon and i'd been recommended this by several running websites to help me a) be able to run so far and b) not wreck my body in the process. I was quite sceptical but I've been reading the book and I've decided to give it a go over the next couple of weeks and see how my times do (I'm also a brand new runner....nothing like a challenge, eh?!)

I'd appreciate any tips or help in working out meals etc. I don't really want to buy the prepackaged stuff so I'm having to try and figure out what to have from the food lists - it can be a little bit confusing at times!

I'm hoping this works better as i got quite discouraged with MFP a while ago as it sort of stopped working - was quite amazed to read the zone book and realise why!!!

So hi all!

Melanie:smile:
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've been reading about this and wondering about it too. would like to hear how it is going for people.