Dry socket

Options
Ok, not really a weight loss question per se, but...

I had my wisdom teeth out exactly one week ago. Two days after the surgery I started feeling more pain. Turns out it was dry socket. I only had it packed one, and the pain came back afterwards. Today, I woke up feeling much better. I am still in pain, but nothing near what it was with the dry socket. Has anyone had experience with this? Did yours heal this quickly or take longer? When will I be pain free and when can I eat real foods again? It still hurts to bite down on the side I had them out.

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had my wisdom teeth out about 25 year ago, and I developed a dry socket (probably due to the smoking...that was a terrible habit!). It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, including child birth! I was hopped up on pain pills for quite some time, and I seem to remember it taking about a week to get back to feeling normal.

I'm sure your doctors warned you, but don't suck on anything, don't drink through a straw, and do not eat any chewy foods. That dry socket is your nerve exposed to the air, and it has to be able to scab over before it will get better. Best of luck to you and hope you feel better soon. :)