MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Simple question... Do they work?

short term? yes.
    long term.. no.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    btw.. i should note that only SOME work. some dont work at all.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Let me as you a question in response to your question....

Do you eat only because you are hungry?
  • MrDude_1
    Options

I'll reply for me.
    weekends.. yes.
    evenings... yes, most of the time.
    during the week.. no.. because of lunchtime habits.
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options

About 90% of the time yes. Sometimes just because I know the food is there. And sometimes because I just can't seen to feel full/ satisfied throughout the day.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options

If I only ate when I was hungry, I'd not have a problem with being heavy or gaining weight.... I eat because the food is there, looks good, tastes good, I'm bored, celebrating, depressed, etc -

Basically, I eat because food exists - my hunger has absolutely nothing to do with it (unless I am so stuffed that I can no longer fit one more morsel of food inside me without getting sick)

:frown:
  • allnewskinnyme
    Options
    Simple question... Do they work?

short term? yes.
    long term.. no.

I read somewhere that they shouldn't be used for longer than 12 weeks. 1200 calories seems to be getting harder to stick to.
  • allnewskinnyme
    Options

If I only ate when I was hungry, I'd not have a problem with being heavy or gaining weight.... I eat because the food is there, looks good, tastes good, I'm bored, celebrating, depressed, etc -

Basically, I eat because food exists - my hunger has absolutely nothing to do with it (unless I am so stuffed that I can no longer fit one more morsel of food inside me without getting sick)

I'm the same! But next question... is 1200 calories supposed to be making me feel full? Or even satisfied? All I seem to be doing is thinking of what I get to eat at my next meal.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

I'm the same! But next question... is 1200 calories supposed to be making me feel full? Or even satisfied? All I seem to be doing is thinking of what I get to eat at my next meal.

stop being bored. keeping busy keeps you from thinking about food.
  • goldengodd3ss
    goldengodd3ss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    allnewskinnym,

You posted a good question. Dr. Oz recently had a show that featured saffron extract as an appetite supressant (I think Monday's show 02/20/2012?).

Anyway, I too find that I am thinking of food during the day. Being bored has nothing to do with it, it think it's just a part of who we are. I agree that there are days when I am so busy that I have to delay my lunch for a few hours. However, when I am ready to eat my lunch, I am usually starving, and pretty much wolf it down, without thinking or even enjoying what I just ate.

I feel most snackish when I come home from work, or a few hours after dinner. If there is an appetite supressant that works, this is the time of day it would most help.