How much did you lose before...

Options
you dropped a jean size?

I know all jeans are different (especially for women!) so I'm just looking for an average amount of weight and inches!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wish I could remember, BUT...since I started weightlifting regularly I have only lost about 2 pounds, but I went from barely being able to zip my goal jeans to being able to wear them comfortably!!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Since i started on a diet i went from 212lbs, size 18 to 160lbs, size 12 so i would have to say every 15 lbs.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 (started at 266) and still dont quite fit comfortably in the next size down, although i can get them on and fastened now and i couldnt before at all.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    At about 152 pounds and 37" waist I was finally able to fit into size 12 Levi's comfortably.

At 177.5 with a 45" waist I could wear my size 14 Old Navy Flirt jeans, but everything was spilling out over the top and the waist was SUPER tight. At 177.5 I was actually a size 16.

Now at 149 I can't wear the 14's without a snugged up belt or they hit the ground within a couple steps of walking.
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weighed 155 (at 5'7") when I started and was wearing 10's tightly and 12's loosely. In the low 140's, my 10's were loose and I dug my 8's out of the back closet. I'm now at 135 and I bought 2 pair of size 6 jeans (from different companies) last week. I've weighed this much before and always been an 8 -- I hadn't done weight training and I think I was skinny-fat when I weighed 135 before. I haven't worn 6's since high school when I weighed about 120 (and was certainly skinny-fat).

I forgot to say that my waist has dropped from 34" to 29.5". I think I moved into 8's around 31". My hips went from 42.5 to 39 and were about 40 when I started in 8's.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think for me it was 20-25 lbs.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    its roughly every 10-12 lbs = 1 pant size...
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 10 lbs and my pants are loose fitting .. my stomach doesnt look all bloated when i button them & i have room..
    i was kinda wondering the same thing.. im not looking forward to replacing all my semi new jeans : /
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to know this... I'm in the same GD jeans I wore when I started to lose weight... dropped TWO dress-pant sizes... but the jeans still FIT. They aren't even loose yet :sad:
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    every 10lbs although I didn't go get new ones until after 20 but it averages out to a pants size every 10lbs.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and went from a size 9/10 to a 6/7. I am also about 5'11.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you start, but I lost about 25lbs before I felt comfortable in a size down, and I've lost 15 since then and still haven't gone down the next size. It also depends on where you lose weight first. I'm an hour-glass shape, and I lose weight from my natural waist first, so I've actually gone down 2 shirt sizes but only one pant size. However, I started at 267. I think the lower you go, the less weight you need to lose to go down a size! Hope that helps :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If it helps, typically the difference in sizes in the Plus Size category is 1.25 inches. The difference in the main Misses sizes is 1 inch and the difference in the smaller Misses sizes is .75 inch.
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    I started at 300 in a size 26/tight 24 and am down to 268 and comfortable in a 24. I don't know why it's taking me so long. :/
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I get so frustrarted with this!! I dont seem to go down in pants size at all even after I dropped 40+ lbs lol I was never bigger than a 14 and after I lost the weight I was still a 11/12 now that im losing more im in a 10 but its tight still ugh sooo annoying my white girl butt and thighs will make the pants fit lose around my lower region but my big tummy keeps them up :-( i hold all my weight in my belly and arms
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I started at 300 in a size 26/tight 24 and am down to 268 and comfortable in a 24. I don't know why it's taking me so long. :/

I was the same, I lost 40+lbs and still only dropped 1 size.. itll happen for you keep it up :-)
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my ticker says i havent lost anything but thats just because i got a new scale... ive lost 5 lbs and i can finally wear some clothes that were too tight for me before. i dont go by sizes because theyre different between brands
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I would say somewhere around 20 pounds after I started MFP.
    I was 16, then I lost around 20-25 and finally was able to fit into 14's. Now I can fit into 12's.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs so far and still wearing the same clothes.

At 165lbs I was 38" around the belly button and wore a size 12, but it was tight.

I'm now 149lbs and 36" around my belly button and the 12s are looser, and I can wear a 10, but it varies from brand to brand and I still get bloated from time to time. I don't have to suck it in anymore to zip my pants up, but my measurements do fluctuate quite a bit. I could be 37 inches one day and 36 the next... It's just as fickle as the scale is.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you start, but I lost about 25lbs before I felt comfortable in a size down, and I've lost 15 since then and still haven't gone down the next size. It also depends on where you lose weight first. I'm an hour-glass shape, and I lose weight from my natural waist first, so I've actually gone down 2 shirt sizes but only one pant size. However, I started at 267. I think the lower you go, the less weight you need to lose to go down a size! Hope that helps :)

I think that I am the same as this... I was in a really tight 18 when I started. I have lost 40 and am now in a 14 jeans. My belly button measurement is the slowest moving measurement though. I could probably get into a 12 everywhere but have a horrible muffin top.