I want to gain weight help

Options
I want to meet some people who wants to gain weight. Thank you.

Replies

• lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I do not want to gain weight but I am pretty sure I am an expert at it.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I want to meet some people who wants to gain weight. Thank you.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKt5owySkLKdGBcRe-japHwHTPnygJJQCg3lgtK45APlR9kbZsnw
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    im gaining muscle so gaining weight! add me if your interested!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight is easy - lean body mass is harder! What is your diet like?
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    +1 I'm loking for gainning!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm also on a mission to gain weight. I weight 106 and I'm shooting for 120. Add me if you'd like, I'm new here too.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    How to gain weight:

Step 1: Buy several jars of peanut butter and Ben & jerrys

Step 2: Open and consume.

This method has been tried and tested by yours truly ;)
  • mariodispenza
    mariodispenza Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok, pretty much everyone on this site has struggled with dropping weight but how to gain it in a healthy way is a legitimate question (but, I'd love to have your problem).

To build lean body weight, you'll need to perform the basics of weight training - squats, bench press, military press, dead lifts and pull ups (or pull downs on a machine if you can't get to 8 pull ups). Variations of them are good, too (front squats, incline presses, presses with dumbbells, etc.) but the key is to cycle the reps/weight over four-weeks and perform compound joint exercises.

Split your workout by bodypart working one set of muscles per week. For example, bench press, military press, (pressing movements) on Monday, pull ups, curls (pulling movements) on Wednesday and lower body (deadlifts, squats) on Friday. Recovery is critical.

Begin in week 1with enough weight that you can get to the 15 - 20 repetition range with four sets per exercise. Week two, increase the weight so that you can only get to 12 - 15 reps with three sets per exercise. Week three increase the weight again so that you have to drop the reps to the 8 - 10 range, again three sets. Week four increase the weight so that you lift in the 6 - 8 rep range. The constant change will keep the muscles challenged, which makes them grow in recovery.

To grow, you must eat. Multiply your weight by 11, add 300-350 for each hour of strength training. So, if you are 100 pounds, that's 1100 + 350 = 1450 calories as the absolute minimum that your body needs to stay at your weight if you're a sedentary person otherwise (desk job). If you don't eat more calories than that, your body will not grow.

But don't overdo the calories, either. Muscle grows slowly and needs testosterone. Women have less testosterone than men so, it takes longer and requires more work (lots of heavy weight, low reps). It's kind of an individualized thing. You'll have to increase your calories (whole food calories with lots of protein) until you see results on the scale. Protein shakes are great but buy the mix at GNC and check the label for sugar. Most of the mixes are loaded with sugar and you don't want that. Mix the powder with fruit, peanutbutter, skim milk (the possiblities are endless) as you wish.

You may also want to have your bodyfat checked periodically as well so that you know whether you're adding more muscle or fat. If the latter, you'll know that you need to back off some calories. Some years ago "Muscle and Fitness" ran a series called the "Rock Hard Challenge." It was a 12-week program for building muscle and dropping body fat. If you can get a copy of it and just increase the calories they recommend, that'd be a great way to go.

Good luck and have fun.
  • sethdphoto
    Options
    I'm looking to gain muscle. I am at a good weight right now and just want to tone/sculpt/build lean muscle mass(not too much though)