Finding it hard to stay under my goal.

Options
I just started this site yesterday, and my goal is to lose the 10lbs that I've gained. According to this site I should only be eating 1240 calories a day to lose a pound a week. So far I am finding this very hard. Yesterday I did good, only eating 30 calories over my limit. Today I've eaten almost 500 over my limit :(. Today I had a 6" subway sub for lunch (subway club, on italian bread with lettuce, tomato, spinach, onion, green pepper, mayo and sweet onion sauce) and then a burger king tendergrill sandwhich and a small fry for dinner. I know that fast food is bad for you, but I don't really have another option when that is what my family is doing for dinner and when I have lunch at college. I try to go for healthy choices (grilled chicken sandwhich at burger king instead of a burger, lots of vegies on my sub, etc). Still I am finding this hard. Also I drink a lot of pop, I am trying to cut back but that is also hard. I just feel like the 1200 calories a day isn't going to give me any room for treats, ever, because its such a low calorie amount. I try to exercice, but between work and school I find it hard to find the time. I have been doing a lot of crunches, because its something easy I can do at night in my room. I've been doing around 100 a night.

I'm not sure if its relevant, but I'm 19, 5'3 and 119 lbs, which I know is a healthy weight but this is the heaviest I have ever been. I'm usually around 110 lbs, and thats the weight I want to get down to and stay at. I just feel like my clothes are getting snug and I don't want to keep gaining weight. I also just want to get in shape and have a nice bikini body for summer.

So does anyone have any tips for me. My biggest fear is that If I don't do something now, I'm just going to keep gaining weight and then I'll have a lot more than just 10lbs to lose.

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I just started this site yesterday, and my goal is to lose the 10lbs that I've gained. According to this site I should only be eating 1240 calories a day to lose a pound a week. So far I am finding this very hard. Yesterday I did good, only eating 30 calories over my limit. Today I've eaten almost 500 over my limit :(. Today I had a 6" subway sub for lunch (subway club, on italian bread with lettuce, tomato, spinach, onion, green pepper, mayo and sweet onion sauce) and then a burger king tendergrill sandwhich and a small fry for dinner. I know that fast food is bad for you, but I don't really have another option when that is what my family is doing for dinner and when I have lunch at college. I try to go for healthy choices (grilled chicken sandwhich at burger king instead of a burger, lots of vegies on my sub, etc). Still I am finding this hard. Also I drink a lot of pop, I am trying to cut back but that is also hard. I just feel like the 1200 calories a day isn't going to give me any room for treats, ever, because its such a low calorie amount. I try to exercice, but between work and school I find it hard to find the time. I have been doing a lot of crunches, because its something easy I can do at night in my room. I've been doing around 100 a night.

I'm not sure if its relevant, but I'm 19, 5'3 and 119 lbs, which I know is a healthy weight but this is the heaviest I have ever been. I'm usually around 110 lbs, and thats the weight I want to get down to and stay at. I just feel like my clothes are getting snug and I don't want to keep gaining weight. I also just want to get in shape and have a nice bikini body for summer.

So does anyone have any tips for me. My biggest fear is that If I don't do something now, I'm just going to keep gaining weight and then I'll have a lot more than just 10lbs to lose.

give up the bread and fries. Get the chicken at BK in a salad instead of on a bun. The bun is more than 100 calories on its own. And no soda except diet soda. At 200 calories a can, it's too much.
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Although it is best to avoid fast food, you can still eat it and lose. Your subway club was a good choice but the mayo was not. Also at bk you could have removed one our both of the buns or got a grilled chicken salad with a light dressing. You just have to learn how to make better choices. What I find helpful is to pre log meals or look them up in the database before eating. You can still have treats. Try exercising and earning more calories. If you are still hungry you should increase your calories until you find what your magic number is. 1200 does not work for everyone. Add me if you would like my diary is open to friends. My goal is 1250 and I eat a wide variety of things and I usually stay under my goal.
  • dontdomornings92
    dontdomornings92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Although it is best to avoid fast food, you can still eat it and lose. Your subway club was a good choice but the mayo was not. Also at bk you could have removed one our both of the buns or got a grilled chicken salad with a light dressing. You just have to learn how to make better choices. What I find helpful is to pre log meals or look them up in the database before eating. You can still have treats. Try exercising and earning more calories. If you are still hungry you should increase your calories until you find what your magic number is. 1200 does not work for everyone. Add me if you would like my diary is open to friends. My goal is 1250 and I eat a wide variety of things and I usually stay under my goal.
  • dontdomornings92
    dontdomornings92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I didn't realize how many calories mayo had until I put in into the counter on the site. In the summer I plan to ride my bike a lot.