Am I really gonna loose weight?

Options
I'm staying within the calories and doing interval training for 40 minutes on the treadmill everyday for almost 3 weeks now and i'm not seeing anything come off!! Its so frustrating. Am I exercising enough?

Replies

• melbug25
    melbug25 Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm staying within the calories and doing interval training for 40 minutes on the treadmill everyday for almost 3 weeks now and i'm not seeing anything come off!! Its so frustrating. Am I exercising enough?
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    You may want to change your caloric intake. Sometimes we don't eat enough.

Are you hungry after you have eaten your daily calories?

I use the below website as an additional guide for daily calorie intake

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    without any info, it's very hard for us to help you. Can you give us some more information? Like your calorie intake, goals, weight, height, daily activity level.

3 weeks is a speed bump, if you've been losing steadily all along, it's quite possibly just your body taking a "break". It really can happen. Also I see that you lost some weight, have you adjusted your goals for the new weight? this site doesn't automatically adjust your goals as you lose weight.
  • melbug25
    melbug25 Posts: 50
    Options
    Oh, i'm a goof, i should have mentioned that stuff. I lost that weight last year and now i'm back to lose more.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by June 21st.

My calorie intake is 1200 and i don't know how many calories i burn because MFP doesn't have interval training on the database.

My treadmill doesn't keep track of the heart rate accurately either.

I do eat my exercise calories though ( I just assume i burn about 275)

And i'm 5'7" 193
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    To me is seem as your calorie intake is to low, You might want to take it up some if you workout more
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    without any info, it's very hard for us to help you. Can you give us some more information? Like your calorie intake, goals, weight, height, daily activity level.

3 weeks is a speed bump, if you've been losing steadily all along, it's quite possibly just your body taking a "break". It really can happen. Also I see that you lost some weight, have you adjusted your goals for the new weight? this site doesn't automatically adjust your goals as you lose weight.

Hey Boss - just a note. Mike may have upgraded because when I hit 10 lbs lost a little message box came up and said "you have lost more than 10 lbs since your last (something) Would you like to readjust your (levels or something) and I clicked yes and got like 50 calories less a day. So, just so you know! lol It does give you the option to do that automatically - of course you do have to click yes or no!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Right MT, it will remind you, but if you don't pay attention, or have certain types of scripting blocked (like javascript for example), it won't. Good point though!

mel,
    20 lbs in 2 months is a lot to hope for. Not out of the question, but right on the edge. You might want to think about a slightly less aggressive goal, you are classified as right on the edge of obese, so 2 lbs a week would give you 16 lbs loss, which is a little more realistic (although I would probably shoot for 10 lbs as a easier to achieve goal), I'm all for setting goals, but sometimes we set goals on here that are unrealistic. Seriously, we're trying for "healthy forever" not "healthy by summer". Please understand, that isn't a slight, it's something I see a lot on here, and I believe it's just a factor of not really understanding how our bodies work, more then any other reason. a 2 lb to 2.5 lb a week loss goal is very aggressive for anyone, and while doable for some, it's generally not the recommended way to change to a healthier lifestyle as it depends on a large variety of things going absolutely perfectly with your body.

Did you know? The number one reason for people quitting a "diet" and exercise plan.... Discouragement from setting their goals to an unrealistic number and not reaching them.
    - OnFitness magizine (I think it was last Nov/Dec issue)

Hope this helps,

-Banks
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I would also suggest upping your calories a little. Maybe 1400 because if you're body feels it isn't getting enough it will store fat. Also you might try different exercises because your body adjusts quickly. You could do a different exercise or make your current one harder. Good luck.