Early morning workout

Options
I have been working out first thing in the morning for six years and now it because not only I love to workout first thing now but because it removes the excuse "I can do it later" when later came I never got to working out!

Anyone else feel the same as I do with morning workouts? Also I seem to eat more later on in the day if I don't exercise in the morning.

Some good tips in the below link.

http://tinyurl.com/7sungos

Replies

• lwhirlow
    lwhirlow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning! I feel the day doesn't go well unless I start it with exercise. :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite like a good morning workout to energize me for the rest of the day! I seem to get no workout in if I don't do it in the morning either. If I do it in the morning, then I'm likely to work out again later in the day!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning! I feel the day doesn't go well unless I start it with exercise. :)

Thats what I find too!
  • lilojoke
    Options
    Nothing quite like a good morning workout to energize me for the rest of the day! I seem to get no workout in if I don't do it in the morning either. If I do it in the morning, then I'm likely to work out again later in the day!

Interesting... If I lift in the morning some days when I get home adding cardio will make me recover so much better.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE working out first thing in the morning!! It starts my day off right and I feel energetic all day. Particularly because I sit at a desk all day. I also like to take my dogs for a very energetic walk in the evenings when I get home. Yet, if the weather is bad or we get invited to go to dinner with friends or family it is so nice to know that I have still done exercise that day.
  • jdavison91
    Options
    I absolutely love working out in the morning. Up at 5:30, in the gym by 6:00am and usually back home by 7am. I feel exactly the same way, if I don't get my workout in first thing, I end up putting it off throughout the day and then dreading it by the time I finally get moving on it. That does not make for productive sessions.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have been working out first thing in the morning for six years and now it because not only I love to workout first thing now but because it removes the excuse "I can do it later" when later came I never got to working out!

Anyone else feel the same as I do with morning workouts? Also I seem to eat more later on in the day if I don't exercise in the morning.

Exactly this!!

It starts the day 'right', I know how many cals I have in the bank for the day, and I know it's done - before I have a chance to talk myself out of it.

I've tried exercising at lunch or after work at various times, but something always seems to 'come up', usually work stuff. Going before anyone else is awake eliminates all other variables and hurdles!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I can't do it :P I just really need my Zzzz's in the morning :P
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love having my workout done first thing, sets a good tone for the rest of the day. I also eat much better throughout the day if I workout in the morning.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    absolutely! if i have to work, i get up before 5 so i can get it in and get the kids to school. i feel crappy if i dont.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Because I'm currently a SAHM I usually work out late morning to early noon when my lil man naps, and I prefer that time. When I have to do longer runs during the week I have to wake up at 4am to do so and I hate those days because ti makes me hungry all day long. I much prefer to work out around noon. If I were working again though, I would prefer to work out in the morning vs when I come home though, for sure.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I try to do my long runs in the mornings. I find I don't need caffine until noon if I get a good workout in. I've noticed I work out better in the am no issues with an upset stomach or soreness. If I don't workout and sit at my desk all day I stiffen up.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do morning workouts for the EXACT same reason! :D I am not really a morning person, but if I don't do it RIGHT after I wake up, the chances of actually completing a work out that day drop significantly. : )
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I never know when I get out of the office so I work out in the morning (gym at 5). Soon I will be able to ride my bike to work.
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 for my morning boot camp class in our local park. Boot camp is 5:30 to 6:30. I love love love it. Its been a year this month and I will continue as long as we can afford it! I'm so much nicer to my family! LOL
  • Skeeweesummer98
    Skeeweesummer98 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm normally in the gym by 5:30 a.m. and head to work afterwards. I am full of energy, in a good mood and I eat less.
  • lilojoke
    Options
    Not sure if anyone feels this way but my anxiety or stress at work seems to be way less too!
  • lilojoke
    Options
    Dang if we lived in the same time zone and location we could all meet up at a gym! ;)
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person but my choice of time is also first thing in the morning --- almost literally.. before the sun comes up! I wake up at 4:00 AM and get to the gym for 4:45. I feel similarly to others who said it sets a positive tone for my day. I also enjoy that there a select few at the gym at that time in the morning. :-D
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get up every morning at 4:00 am to work out. Otherwise I cannot fit it in unless it is Zumba night which occurs every Mom and Wed night..