Water

Options
Hi, I started to drink water today. I have to confess I don't drink water at all. I drink diet soda. I'm trying to cut that out. Does anyone have suggestions to flavor the water a little? Thanks

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A lemon or lime twist perhaps?

Is there a reason you don't drink water? I know some city water tastes pretty awful, I have reverse osmosis units at home & work to improve the flavour; other people swear by Brita filters.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I try to drink water with nothing added. However there are some days I can't get my water in. I add lemon, lime, a slice of orange, and sometimes add MIO.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Make your own flavoured water! It's super easy.. just pick your fruits and/or veggies or choice (I like lemons, limes, oranges, zucchini, cucumber, strawberries, raspberries... etc). Toss em in a jug of water and leave them overnight. The water tastes SO good the next day. :) You can also do this with some mint. Another option is to make unsweetened iced tea. Put some teabags in boiling water, wait until it cools and then leave it in the fridge. I love the flavour with green or black tea.

Another thing I like is to add a couple TBSP of lemon juice and a packet of stevia to my water. It tastes like lemonade! :)

Good luck with the water drinking. You'll get used to it eventually!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank's for the ideas, I'll try it. The fruit over night seems to be a good idea.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    Another option for something less sweet than fruit is to make cucumber water. Same idea as the fruit flavoring, add sliced cucumbers to a pitcher of water and leave it overnight.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can drink really nicely filtered water, but otherwise I add a squirt of lemon juice and once a day, I have a (500ml) glass with berocca in it because I like the flavour and the energy. I never used to drink water, but once I started I found it made all the difference! Now I try to get my 2L every day, and have almost stopped with the diet coke.