SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! - April 21st

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hi all - I have an early (well, early for me) meeting today so this will be just be a quick one to get things started. I managed to get to bed on time, and get up in time to do my strength routine. Forgot to do pushups last night (well, I remembered once I was in bed) so I will do them when I get home. Tonight is yoga.

My new goal is to practice leaving food. For example, eating half a granola bar seems nearly impossible - so I am going to work on it.

Meetings :yawn: boogaloo!

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I have an early (well, early for me) meeting today so this will be just be a quick one to get things started. I managed to get to bed on time, and get up in time to do my strength routine. Forgot to do pushups last night (well, I remembered once I was in bed) so I will do them when I get home. Tonight is yoga.

My new goal is to practice leaving food. For example, eating half a granola bar seems nearly impossible - so I am going to work on it.

Meetings :yawn: boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good goal CP. I used to be able to leave half a snickers bar. :noway: Not so easy now. I don't get them that often so I eat it all. :tongue:
    Today is tumbling class for Alex. We should also find out this morning if/when we are going on a trip. I need to get a work out in since I had a waffle for breakfast. My back still hurts but it's not as bad as yesterday. I will try to do something that's not going to bother it. Either a walk or a dvd.
    I got the house clean enough yesterday to get a compliment from DH. :bigsmile: I realized that if we are going to try to move around the first of July that I need to start cleaning up things like window blinds, walls, etc. I also need to get some stuff on ebay to sell. I should work on that today. I just don't want to.
    We missed a couple of doses on Alex's pink eye and it looks to be returning, and possibly in the other eye. Poor kid. He's also been coughing a lot. I hope we get a good long break from sickness after all this is over.
    That's my post for the day. Have a happy flappy of a day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning, pebbs. . .

I'm going to have to find a creative way to fit a yoga practice in today. . .I'm having some people over tonight and have not cleaned, shopped for or prepared any food. Naughty. So, I have a fairly busy day today.

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy flappy!

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    What is this leaving food you're talking about? If I put it on my plate, it's gone. The trick I did last night was I ate my salad, cleaned the house, then ate the rest of my meal. Can't do that all the time though. The only way I could leave half a granola bar was if 1: I didn't like it or 2: I cut it in half and threw the other half away.

Yesterday I made all my goals. Didn't enjoy the bike ride to the store though - got a headache afterward - must be pollen.

Today: walking. Maybe yoga, but it will depend on what time I get home.

Breaking habits boogaloo!

Oh, V, sometimes I wash the floor in forward bends - would that count?

and, I posted an article about birth control and muscle gain - very interesting - and sad.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, Mary. . .I was wondering if I could count my normal "eight hours in savasana":wink: I'll probably just do a short practice in between my voice student and getting ready. (providing that is, the student shows up. . .I had to cancel a couple times this winter (due to ugliness on my part) and I think that's given her the right to lose interest. Damn.)

Yeah, I have to do strict portion control. I realized yesterday that I have a collection of plates and bowls that I just know now are an actual serving (without having to measure/weigh food) of many various snacks. . .tortilla chips can go in this bowl, almonds in this little teeny dish, etc . . . I can also now spot an ounce of cheese at twenty paces. As far as servings go, I just find that if it's there. . . I'll eat it. The exception I'm trying to make is leaving about half my food at some restaurants we go to, or ordering a couple of appetizers (and sometimes even that is too much food).

Here's a quote I heard from a sermon this weekend "a choice makes a habit." I like that one.:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Leaving some food will be good practice for me as well. And I love eating out of tiny little bowls so I'm going to make more of an effort there.

Today:
    ~ Core yoga class
    ~ Drink my water -- it's 92 degrees here at 10am already!
    ~ Take my vitamins
    ~ Keep being honest about logging
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    So I woke up super early today and came home to see a speech from Paul Farmer. It was a long trip but it was worth it. Got a nice walk in this morning and did a half hour on the wii fit. However, since I ate breakfast on the run and it was a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel :ohwell: I'm going to have to take the dog for a walk tonight. Otherwise it's not going too bad. I even lost a few pounds since the last weigh in according to the wii. I'm waiting to update stats until I check again tomorrow. I never believe what I see. lol.

nicole
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Just managed a thirty minute yoga DVD. It's interesting, this every day no matter what mindset. . .

I am using this as my day to not log calories, as a dinner party/potluck means all bets are off.

Pomegranate martini boogaloo. . .:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    No exercise today. My back is still hurting. I did do some yoga poses on the wii. Don't know if they count. I was trying to get my back stretched out.
    Alex has not had a good day. I've decided to put him back on a really strict diet, removing all foods that might cause allergies. This will not be easy (it wasn't the first time!). I gave up the first time after finding that wheat and dairy were problems. Now I am wondering if there is something else. I may try to stick with it too.
    See you all tomorrow!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/yoga/yoga-fitness

Also, here's an interesting article about "just yoga" for fitness. Well "just yoga" and a little bit of cardio/circuit training.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/yoga/yoga-fitness

Also, here's an interesting article about "just yoga" for fitness. Well "just yoga" and a little bit of cardio/circuit training.

Interesting article...it basically reinforced the way I feel about yoga. I love hatha yoga but don't do it for the "workout." It's more about the mind/ body connection. I look at power yoga completely differently than other yoga practices and I love it as well!