Got naps?

Options
Argh.

I am embrassed but I am a total nap addict.

I am the the mom of 4 and half year old twins who are hyperactive and always on the go.

We are currently in the process of getting them evaluated for Autism...It's been a LONG Journey to say the least.

They still don't sleep their nights and are up at 5:30 am.

To make a long story short, I started napping with them at one point just to survive.

But now they are in prechool 4 afternoons a week and I still...Nap.

I feel like it contradicts all of my exercise (which I usually do in the morning) and end up feeling like a Shlep :(

Any former nappers out there who broke the habit?!

Thanks,

E

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with napping! Keeping up with small children is exhausting, even at the best of times. If they don't sleep through the night, neither do you, right? You may just plain need the sleep!

You are in the process of a major change in your life. It's okay to be a little tired! Perhaps, with time, you won't need naps anymore, but if you can take them, do it. Especially if you need it. Sleep is very important to lose weight, so get enough every day!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    God, I wish I could nap. I wish I could sleep in general most of the time. I'm jelly.
  • ilesol
    ilesol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There´s nothing wrong with naps! In many, many cultures, napping is normal (Mediterranean countries, Latin America). It is true that sleep deprivation produces weight gain (http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/06/10/us-sleep-gain-idUSTRE5595T020090610). Enjoy your siestas, let go the guilt!