Replies

• jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I bought one at Wal-Mart for 27.00. It said I burned one cal a min. Regardless if I was running, walking, weight lifting or sitting in a chair. Also said I was burning one cal a min when I didn't even have it on. Took it back. Don't go too cheap :o)

:laugh:
    Yep. Sounds about right. I was trying to save some money by going with one of those wrist watch units to the tune of $49. They're terrific for resting heart rate, but the moment you start sweating they can't acquire your pulse anymore. Fabulous concept! I'd love to see the manufacturer's idea of a workout :tongue:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    So I'm guessing I'm just going to have to suck it up and spend 60 on a good one. DEFINITELY not worth it to buy a cheap one if it isn't going to work!

Thank you all for the posts. I'm going to look in the PolarFT4 from the looks of the rave reviews everyone gives it.
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I was torn between the FT4 and FT7. I went with the FT7-ended up costing around the same as the FT4 on amazon...haven't gotten it yet so I don't know how it'll work but I spent $74 with free shipping.