Sizzlin Summer Slimdown 04.21.09

Options
:flowerforyou: Good Morning to All...:flowerforyou:

I'm going to sing my own praises today (hope no one minds) and direct each of you to my progress pics and a little about my journey...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50102-my-journey-thus-far?page=1#posts-546965

I mainly put it together for my own needed motivation right now, but maybe it can help someone else as well. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning to All...:flowerforyou:

I'm going to sing my own praises today (hope no one minds) and direct each of you to my progress pics and a little about my journey...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50102-my-journey-thus-far?page=1#posts-546965

I mainly put it together for my own needed motivation right now, but maybe it can help someone else as well. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    Wow that's great! Is this a group? Can I join?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Finaly got a workout in yesterday, so that makes 2/40. I tried changing my routine in hopes that it will push me off this plateau. Still need to work on my food choices tho. Hope everyone is on track with their goals.:drinker:

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.:flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Wow that's great! Is this a group? Can I join?

Hi Loren...

Please join us and welcome....we began on April 13th and will have a final weigh in on Friday, May 22nd. Everyone sets their own goals and some of us are attempting 30 days of exercise during this challenge. It's a great good for of support and encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!!

I am starting fresh today with eating as I really fell off the wagon the last couple days. It is as if all my will power just went out the window! BUT I am putting my foot down; enough is enough!

I went a few hundred over yesterday and took the dog for a walk.

Today I will eat a few hundred under and get in an intense work out at the gym.

Hope you all are feeling fantastic!!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :flowerforyou:

I got in a great elliptical workout last night and stayed under my calories too!! I've had a good last few days, so i'm planning a weigh in for thursday and i will post an update. think light thoughts!! :laugh:

I'm on day 6 of 30 for exercise and feeling great!

T- i saw your thread yesterday and the pics look amazing! you are looking toned and tiny :bigsmile: :bigsmile: how do you calculate your fat%? i'm a little curious what mine is...

have a great morning everyone! i'll check in a little later! :drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ugggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I blew it again yesterday. I had 2 peices of birthday cake. I had a migraine so I didn't go to jazzercise either. I went home, took 2 vicodin and went to bed.
    The good news is I feel a lot better today so the plan is to eat right and get to jazzercise!!

Way to go ladies!!!

Keep up the good work!

Memaw
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :flowerforyou:

You're such an inspiration Theresa and looking great! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Welcome Loren! This is such a great group of women, so welcome on board! :drinker:

Chuffmn - Now don't go under feeding that lil baby!! :wink:

Shannah - You're doing so AWESOME! :flowerforyou: :drinker: YIPPIE!!

Memaw - Hang in there. We all have our weeks where our hearts just aren't in it, but we KNOW you can do it. If you can't stand to be losing the weight, at least try to maintain, then you wont feel like you've completely back tracked on all the successes you've had so far! :bigsmile: We're here for you, if there's something you need from us, let us know, we're MORE than happy to help! :heart:

I'm only finished with 4/30 days for exercise. :grumble: I definitely slacked off last weekend. Time to high step my butt into gear.

I have my Annual Visit today...:ohwell: OH JOY! At least it'll be done and over with for another year! :drinker: I'm hoping to get to the gym afterward, but we shall see. I've logged in everything for the day except dinner, but I went shopping last night and got TONS of veggies and some more chicken/fish, so hopefully I'll be able to stay right at my calories today even if I don't make it to the gym! :happy: You're all doing so well, the pure fact that you're here every day recognizing what we do day to day is a success in changing your life! Keep it up ladies!!! :love: :drinker: :love:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Thanks Opera Bound, that was just the encouragement I have needed!

I am NOT giving up. That is NOT an option for me!!!

Memaw
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :flowerforyou:

I got in a great elliptical workout last night and stayed under my calories too!! I've had a good last few days, so i'm planning a weigh in for thursday and i will post an update. think light thoughts!! :laugh:

I'm on day 6 of 30 for exercise and feeling great!

T- i saw your thread yesterday and the pics look amazing! you are looking toned and tiny :bigsmile: :bigsmile: how do you calculate your fat%? i'm a little curious what mine is...

have a great morning everyone! i'll check in a little later! :drinker:

I work with a personal trainer at the Y and we have done it several times to see what progress I'm making...because I'm a memeber, the test is free, but I don't believe it is that expensive to just go have it done...not sure if you have a Y or not..check around...it's a great way to really see where you are at!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Come on memaw you can do it!!!! I know you can! Drink an extra glass of water BEFORE any treats.

T - WOW!!!!
    Hi Loren
    Chuffmn - eat up girl-that baby needs booty!
    shannah way to work it!

Opera-i am past due on my yearly - need to reschedule it. The day I had it scheduled ended up being a day that I got to spend with my husband - he was off to and I wasn't about to spend it at gyno office!

Went to a new gym last night took an hour body pump class....first time I've taken a fitness class in my adult life - I loved it-I was very sceptical but it was great! I am on a two week free trial but feel pretty sure I'll join for good. It only takes about 5 minutes to get there - the other gym I was using was 35 minutes so that was nice. After the class I used the elliptical for 30 minutes.

Looking forward to going again today....
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I sooooo want to go find a piece of cake right now and say screw the calories. I just got off the phone with my hubby and he is irritating me to no end today. I know he is just opicking on me but after hearing some things 80 times it is not funny anymore:mad:

Why do men have to be sooooo irritating.
    I just am not having a good morning and I know were I can go at lunch to get a very nice piece of any kind of cake I want.

HELP :cry:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I sooooo want to go find a piece of cake right now and say screw the calories. I just got off the phone with my hubby and he is irritating me to no end today. I know he is just opicking on me but after hearing some things 80 times it is not funny anymore:mad:

I just am not having a good morning and I know were I can go at lunch to get a very nice piece of any kind of cake I want.

noooooooooooo!! don't do it- stay strong!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

don't you dare give in!! drink a glass of water and do some punches in the bathroom if you have to ....
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I also started my diet with online support 4/13. Something had to change this time and I'm thinking this support might help! 4/13 I weighed 153 and 4/20 150. I don't think I could do 30 days of exercise. That's a lot of gym time!! Hopefully I'll get that motivated one day! I'll try for 20/30. Right now I'd be 5/30. I hate working out on weekends and usually skip a day or two during the week.

My hubby and I are losing weight together and have weekly weigh ins where I have to do anything he wants 2 nights and week if he wins and he has to do anything I want 2 nights a week if I win. It's pretty discouraging because he drops weight so fast. He weight 220 4/13 and is 209 today. UGH!!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I sooooo want to go find a piece of cake right now and say screw the calories. I just got off the phone with my hubby and he is irritating me to no end today. I know he is just picking on me but after hearing some things 80 times it is not funny anymore:mad:

If it makes you feel any better my hubby loves to pick on me; loves it! Men are just naturally irritating and I do not think they know when they have gone too far until it is too late! I am sure his picking on you only because he loves you (which is better than being ignored lol!).

Also, the cake will make you feel guilty and then in-turn you will feel worse. You should look under recipe on this forum and hook yourself up with a super yummy low fat treat tonight so you can have all the pleasure you deserve and no guilt.

Remember, feeling good about your body feels 10000000 times better than any desert can make you feel.

Also ladies - I promise I am doing a good job at feeding my little growing nugget! I upded my cal intake so when I say I am going over I am going over the amount needed for a healthy pregnancy :wink: Thanks for looking out for me everyone :heart:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Memaw - You're MORE than welcome. That's why we're all here! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Chrissy - Yeah, I wish I had a reason not to go, but it's been about 2 years for me (damn lack of health insurance!)...so I figure I might as well go get it over and done with. :ohwell: At least I can finally go without having my mom have to be there to hold my hand! :laugh:

Can someone please make the time go by faster?? This day is DRAGGING :grumble: - and when it drags, I want to eat more...so...enough said! :tongue:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for all the great compliments today ladies!!! It feels wonderful :flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, today has been good so far, well as good as being at work can be! haha
    dont know if ill get a workout in tonight, i HAVE to get to the grocery store after work, we have like nothing to eat! i didnt even plan dinner cuz i didnt have anything to make! lol

glad to hear everyone is doing well,

welcome loren, this group is great, good luck on your journey!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies, T - You are such an inspiration:flowerforyou:

I am on day 4/30 for working out, and I plan to head to the gym tonight after work. I have been doing well on calorie intake, so I am really hoping I can break through the wall this week and that I can drop a few lbs. My cruise is getting close (24 days), and I still am still 10 lbs from my goal!