What to do at parties...

Options
What do you do when you go to a get together and have no idea about the receipts used or what is on the menu? Idea's?

Replies

• FarmerNikki
    Options
    I work out extra hard early in the day and try to go to the party with an extra 1k calories, then I don't care what I eat :)
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've heard a couple things. One, you can eat before you go out. If you go to a party full you're less likely to indulge in the naughty stuff. Another thing, which you may catch flack for, is to bring your own food. Yeah, it may seem kinda geeky but oh well...at least you are eating better.

Lastly, give yourself a day a week to cheat so it doesn't matter. Going out for the evening and eating junk and having alcohol isn't going to kill your progress. It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. That's almost 30 12oz cans of beer or a 1.5 cheese pizzas. The only problem with this is that it can break your will in case you have a really hard time eating the right food.

I always go for the last option. If you deny yourself those pleasures, you'll resent your diet and more likely stop following it. Eat good all week and then have one meal where you go ape. It won't even come close to ruining your diet.