Question for the ladies..

Options
This is quite embarrassing, but I notice I struggle to stay eating healthy when I'm on my monthly cycle..
Is this normal?
It's like I'm always hungry and craving junk food.

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yeah, perfectly normal. I usually only really crave on the first day, I usually eat a little extra, and have a little of what I fancy. I always keep up with my exercise though.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolate was my saving grace during my TOM. I kept with my work outs, chugged my water and actually lost 3 lbs that week!
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    yupp.. completelly normal.. I PIGGG OUUUUTTT SOOO HARDD! haha... once i get it.. I go back to normal :p
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Mostly on the first day and it is for chocolate!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Your not alone. I feel ravenous that time of month. Makes for a bad couple days usually for me.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think it's very common. And even if I do great and eat well I seem to gain during that week anyway. But then it goes away again, finally. :)
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i get that too.. it annoys me so much :mad: ... i dont usually like chocolate and sweets but when its my time of the month i have to have chocolate lol makes me feel soo naughty when that happens... once im on for a couple of days it settles down and i go back to disliking chocolate and sweet stuff again!!
  • work_for_it_xx
    Options
    Thanks guys! I don't feel so weird now xxx
  • mxscharles
    Options
    phew...i am so glad reading this and knowing I am not the only one out there...i usually put on about 3 to 5lbs before and lose it all right after...makes me very upset
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Very normal...... unfortunately I no longer have that as an excuse LOL :laugh:
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Normal for me as well. I usually feel really bloated and then towards the end I pee like a race horse end up losing weight. Keep chugging the water and it offsets what you end up eating.
  • pookimonkey
    Options
    I can easily put on 5lbs at TOM - really annoying, but falls off within a couple of days. I find that taking HRi water tablets helps - stops me getting so puffy. Also Vitamin B6 for a week before and during (or everyday of the month) helps with PMT and cravings :-)
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    chocolate is my go to each month.
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have literally just posted a status update saying the same thing........it is driving me crazy. Need to try and avoid eating everything in my cupboards
  • mxscharles
    Options
    will definitely try the B6...thanks for the tip