Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PMS Cravings?

Any advice for seemingly over the top PMS cravings?? I want doughnuts and cake and icing and french fries and mayonnaise and anything with cheesy yummy gooey-ness!... (None of which I've pretty much had in nearly 4 months...) UGH! :grumble:

Replies

• healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    I always crave sugary sweet snacks at that time of month too. And about the only time I let myself give into them.

Hugs-
    Kendra
  • ChristiCare
    ChristiCare Posts: 179 Member
    May sound crazy, but tylenol. not sure why. I was told to take it to help with the crankiness, but have found it also helps with the out of control cavings
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    one of the following:

Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter and Company
    Dark chocolate covered banana
    Lindt Dark Chocolate bar
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Ugh I know the feeling!!! Mine is cupcakes... Dang it!!!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Tiny indulgences and portion control. I've heard you actually use more calories around that time so maybe you can afford to go a little over. Or it you're totally against that try isolating what you're craving and satisfy it in another way. For example, several of thosee include sugar. So, maybe some fruit or jello will help. Another person on here suggested brushing your teeth to kill sweets cravings.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    I crave chocolate and a punching bag!
  • one of the following:

Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter and Company
    Dark chocolate covered banana
    Lindt Dark Chocolate bar

Strangely enough, Kat, I don't want chocolate! Seems more related to empty carbs and high fat. Go figure.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I do this, too. What usually works for me is some kind of compromise. I'll have chocolate, but only half a square of Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate, a Fiber one brownie, sugar free fudgesicle, something like that.

For creamy, cheesy craving I think you could go with a Babel cheese wheel melted onto some crackers? Maybe some nonfat or 1/3 fat cottage cheese on a bagel thin, hummus?

Sometimes it is okay to give in to the craving. If you try too many substitutes, you may end up eating what you actually wanted in addition to the sub, so it would've been better to just go with the real thing.

GL!
  • WinterB2003
    WinterB2003 Posts: 26 Member
    Ummm.......going thru that now. All I want is peanuts and cookies lol
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    curly fries..mmmmm...
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    OMgosh my craving have been crazy the past couple of days. I decided to exercise a little extra today and treat myself to some pizza and chips. I logged it and I didn't go over thankfully. I always keep sugar free chocolate pudding around all the time (4 pack for $1) for when my sweet tooth takes over.
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    I get like that a week before mine starts every month. I crave anything sweet. but oddly enough as soon as I start I actually have no appetite what so ever..
  • May sound crazy, but tylenol. not sure why. I was told to take it to help with the crankiness, but have found it also helps with the out of control cavings

Thanks, I'll consider that. This is kind of unusual for me; usually it's something I can kind of work through. The funny/ironic thing is I decided to today, "Screw it, I want what I want" and actually went to Whole Foods and bought a little 4" cake that is one of my favorites. And by-God was determined to enjoy it. I ate maybe a fifth of it WHILE DRIVING CARPOOL (you should have heard the comments from the middle-school girls!) and spent the rest of the afternoon sick to my stomach!! :laugh:

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to conquer the cheese/mayo/yummy bread craving in the same fashion!