Aqua Fit-calories

Options
HELLO I realize we are all different and burn at a different amount, but what has happened is my HRM Polar FT7 DOESN'T work in the water keeps on telling me to check my transmitor. It works fine out of water and is a new batter just yesterday. I am 5'8' 169 pounds.

Anyone have an idea what I would be burning. If I put down 125 do you think that is WAY under. I am so pissed my HRM doesn't work in the water and yes it is suppose too

Valanne

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i notice that i need to make my chest strap tighter when i'm in the poo than when i do land workouts. the first time i used the HRM i kept getting that message because the strap was shifting.

anyway, i just came from a class and my HRM says i burned 343 calories. i'm 5'5 and 209 pounds
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Actually that HRM is only "water resistant" not waterproof. If you check the standard that is applied to it that refers to the item being static, at constant depth (usually 5m), in static water, and without any buttons being pressed (or other movement), and for a limited time period. It also says clearly in the literature provided with it that replacing the battery (unless done at the factory) will result in the unit no longer being "water resistant".

So, the moral of the story is that if it works for a period of time in those conditions then good, but don't expect it to either last forever, or always work. Unfortunately this is the same for the vast majority of "non-professional athlete" standard HRMs and isn't peculiar to either Polar or that model.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Check this website :

https://www.exercise.com/activity/water-calisthenics

The numbers are pretty similar if you log "Water aerobics, water calisthenics" in cardiovascular exercise.