Rate my Meal Plan?

Options
So below we have my basic diet plan - what I eat Monday to Friday and then what I tend to consume over the weekend. I am looking at reviewing and possibly changing this plan with the help of some of you fellow MFP'ers. So feel free to give me any advice you may have!

During the week:

Breakfast - Tasti Snak Log, apricot and carob x1 or 2

Lunch - Fruit (may include apricots, apples, peaches, etc).

Dinner - Mashed kumara and potato fried on frying pan w/ onion, parsley and tomato. Steamed vegetables (beans, broccoli or cauliflower). Meat of some sort, either fish or lamb (around 100 grams).

Snack - Fruit or another Snak Log (I usually add in a few little treats every now and then as well depending on how I've been eating throughout the week, e.g Allen's Jaffa's).

During the weekends I tend to eat less due to working and not having much time. Although when I do eat it tends to be a little less healthy (150gm bag of potato chips, garlic bread, instant noodles, etc).

So step forward and give me your thoughts~

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So below we have my basic diet plan - what I eat Monday to Friday and then what I tend to consume over the weekend. I am looking at reviewing and possibly changing this plan with the help of some of you fellow MFP'ers. So feel free to give me any advice you may have!

During the week:

Breakfast - Tasti Snak Log, apricot and carob x1 or 2

Lunch - Fruit (may include apricots, apples, peaches, etc).

Dinner - Mashed kumara and potato fried on frying pan w/ onion, parsley and tomato. Steamed vegetables (beans, broccoli or cauliflower). Meat of some sort, either fish or lamb (around 100 grams).

Snack - Fruit or another Snak Log (I usually add in a few little treats every now and then as well depending on how I've been eating throughout the week, e.g Allen's Jaffa's).

During the weekends I tend to eat less due to working and not having much time. Although when I do eat it tends to be a little less healthy (150gm bag of potato chips, garlic bread, instant noodles, etc).

So step forward and give me your thoughts~
    Eat more protein.
    Up your fat intake
    Fill the rest of the calories in with carbs.
    Profit.
  • alluvion
    Options
    I forgot to mention I also take several different supplements each morning to help me with keeping my immune system in balance :) Thank you Fitnesssocial!
  • Dahavol
    Options
    What exactly are several different supplements for your immune system? Are we talking garden variety echenaia here, or prescription strength meds with major dietary side effects?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i am not familiar with snak log or carob or kumara, but your meal plan seems very carb-heavy to me.

snak log - carb (i'm assuming it's like cereal?)
    apricot - carb
    carob x1 or 2 - carb (chocolate?)

fruit (may include apricots, apples, peaches, etc) - carb

mashed kumara and potato fried on frying pan w/ onion, parsley and tomato - carb (sweet potato?)
    steamed vegetables (beans, broccoli or cauliflower) - carb, especially beans; some protein
    Meat of some sort, either fish or lamb (around 100 grams) - protein, some fat

fruit or another snak log - carb

i would add in some eggs, dairy, nuts, additional leafy veggies, edamame (soybeans), tofu or more meat/fish. however if you are happy with your plan, ignore my advice. :)
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Need to know more information. Like your height, weight, cals, macros...