NSV- My wii is nicer to me now!

Options
Yesterday I hit a pretty awesome milestone that I hope others will appreciate, especially those who own a wii fit! I use my wii fit as my scale, as it's been more consistent than my analog bathroom scale, but I've always hated using it because of its, shall I say, condescending tone? :wink: I've never been a believer in the BMI scale, but there's no getting around the wii telling you just how out of shape you are... (I'm muscular, though with 'extra stuffing', but I don't think most who would look at me would say "wow she's obese", or at least I certainly hope not... Hence my disbelief/distrust in the BMI scale...) Anyways- in the three years I've had my wii, I've always been in its "obese" range, albeit the low end, but still... Not so fun to hear it say "wahwahwah- that's obese" every time you weigh in. Well, yesterday, I hit a major milestone- my bmi is now below 30, and I am out of the obese range on the wii! It still says "wahwahwah- that's overweight", but the 'wahwahwah' part isn't so daunting sounding, and the tone of voice isn't nearly as condescending as before! Haha!!! So I suppose it isn't an NSV, it's an SV, or whatever it is, I'm THRILLED and glad my wii is a little bit nicer to me now! :laugh:

Replies

• kailysimpson
    Options
    ... I am familiar. I have the Wii Fit too. My neighbor has it too and she refuses to get on hers b/c it tells her "that's "obese" and she hates it LOL!! Good for you, you're doing great :P
  • anabell31
    Options
    I was so sad when I first got my Wii Fit and it said "ow" when I stepped on it. Frickin little grumble grumble... And it made my little Mii fat! Doesn't really motivate me to play any games...
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL.... I guess technically it's a scale victory! Great job!!!