Food before workout

Options
I'm not sure what i should be eating before having a really hard circuit class at the gym. It's late afternoon and I'm starving; dinner would normally be in an hour or so, but as I'm doing the class i don't want a big meal. (likely to puke it up - yes, it's that hard a class!)
Whats the best small thing to have to get through the class with energy? Normally would have a protien bar but wondering if carbs are needed.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what i should be eating before having a really hard circuit class at the gym. It's late afternoon and I'm starving; dinner would normally be in an hour or so, but as I'm doing the class i don't want a big meal. (likely to puke it up - yes, it's that hard a class!)
    Whats the best small thing to have to get through the class with energy? Normally would have a protien bar but wondering if carbs are needed.

It's up to you. Plenty of people workout on an empty stomach. There is no "right" way.
  • maevestewart
    Options
    I am definatly not someone who can work out well on an empty stomach. I like eating something with carbs like some crackers with tomato and avocado or a bananna or even some popcorn. I hope that helps a little bit :)