I DONT like eating breakfast

Options
Is it really that important to eat breakfast? I have my coffee in the morning and go for my workout which is 2 hours long but after my coffee im just not hungry. am i hindering my workout performance or weight loss by skipping that meal?

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Is it really that important to eat breakfast? I have my coffee in the morning and go for my workout which is 2 hours long but after my coffee im just not hungry. am i hindering my workout performance or weight loss by skipping that meal?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yes. coffee is not a breakfast substitute.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yes, you need fuel to allow your body to perform better & to let go of that extra weight. eat something light before working out &eat after also.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    Drink a protein shake instead of coffee. Your body has been in starvation mode while you slept and needs tobe refueled in the morning. You don't want to lose muscle only fat.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yes, they're right. You need to eat something for breakfast (besides coffee) especially if you workout in the morning! You need fuel to get your body going. You just spent something like 6-8 hours (hopefully?) not eating, but still burning up calories (since sleep burns them, too). If you wake up and hit the gym with nothing more than some caffeine, you're going to be in sore shape. You might even throw your body into a starvation mode for the day!

Your workout just won't be as good if you don't give yourself real energy beforehand. So, from one breakfast hater to another---EAT! Yogurt, a piece of fruit, a bowl of cereal....anything. And take something quick and easy for afterwards as well.

(BTW- If you're drinking coffee before you workout [which I do too] just remember to push the water, also!)
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Coffee can also work as a slight appetite depressant. Keep that in mind.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Yes!!!! Coffee is not good enough. Your metabolism doesn't kick into gear until you have had your first food for the day. You need to eat as early as possible. Maybe you should try to start with a small breakfast....toast, instant oatmeal, fruit and yogurt. Breakfast sets the tone for the rest of your day. I never miss it.