FDA Approved New Diet Drug

Options
I just read an article about the FDA approving a new diet drug...It said that most of the testers saw a 10% drop in body weight in a year.
I have lost 5% of my weight in about 2 months...I plan on hitting 10% in May. That's 5 months...AND I will not have to deal with the side effects. Of course, the FDA states that the side effects are far outweighed by the benefits, but really people, is taking a pill that could make your heart stop beating worth it?
It just makes me sad how many people will want that pill, just because it seems to be an easy fix. I think 99% of the people on this site will agree that if you put in the time/planning/effort that tracking your calories and exercisng works. Sure, you may have plateaus, but most of the time, even with our plateaus if we switch it up a bit, or go back to the basics of really tracking, it starts coming off again. Why are we so dense? Why do we have to have a pill to make us feel empowered to lose weight. This really is just bothering me tonight....