How long

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Do you excersise?
with2 kids its hard to find time buit i do at least an hour once there in bed but only on the Wii Fit

Replies

• Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Do you excersise?
    with2 kids its hard to find time buit i do at least an hour once there in bed but only on the Wii Fit
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    My MFP goal is 40 mins and burn 415 cals. I usually go way over on cals because I'm at the gym rather than at home, so that helps. You don't have to do it all at once. I'm a SAHM too, and you can do walking videos, dance videos, etc. Leslie Sansone has some great walking videos, you walk in place at home! So you have some options... You can also do strength training at home, no need for weights if you don't have any... a gallon of milk, even half full, is a great weight... a towel for resistance in stretches.. pushups, situps, etc. Even a baby/small child can be a weight!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Well, an hour a day is plenty! 45 minutes of workout 4-5 days a week is a really good goal to aim for, of course making sure you remain active on your off days (go for walks, or something of low intensity).

I use the Wii Fit to work out when I'm home from college, and I know that some of those exercises are pretty intense! On off days, I really recommend playing some of the games....less intense, but still active!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    My goal is 4000-5000 cals per week burned. Strength training, biking, hiking, you name it. The warm weather has lifted my spirits, and summer is right around the corner. Don't wait until July to decide to get in shape! Get a good HRM and get moving...
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know it is really hard with children around. When the weather is nice I like to load them in the stroller and walk to a park that is about 2 miles away, let them play awhile and then walk home. I also love to put on music and dance with them. They love to mimic. I also do home daycare so when they nap I work out. I am fortunate to have an eliptical machine at home and I also have a lot of Jillian Michaels work out dvd's. I decided long a go that a gym membership would not work into my lifestyle so I have tried to come up with other ways to get my workout in.
  • MBH3
    MBH3 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am a working mom of 3 so I know how hard it is to fit in the work outs. If I exercise after work, it takes time away from the kiddos So...I have been getting up around 5:30am and going to the gym until about 7am. I get back in time for a light breakfast, shower and then it is time to get the kids up and ready to go. I am luck that my hubby doesn't have to leave for work until about 7:45am. On days, I cannot make it to the gym b/c hubby has an early day, I make sure to take the kids for a walk (pulling the wagon) and after they go to bed, I do a 20-30 minute calesthenics routine that I figure is better than nothing. Here it is:

100 jumping jacks
    50 lunges (alternating legs..each leg counts as 1)
    15 pushups
    25 squats
    50 mountain climbers (i.e. in plank position, alternate legs in/out...each leg counts as one)
    50 lunges
    15 pushups
    25 squats
    100 jumping jacks

I try to finish this in under 30 minutes. The first time you do it, time yourself and then try to beat your time.

Hope this helps.

Marcy