Slow Going

Options
Greetings,
Just doing a little check in. I figured that maybe by venting in a forum it might make this whole diet thing easier. I have been back on the wagon for the last two weeks and it is slow going. I never realized how wired my brain was for eating. I never realized how often I ate for reasons other than being hungry. I ate when I was bored, I ate when I was tired, I ate when I was anxious, I ate when I was sad, I ate when I was happy I ate for just the simple fact of eating. No wonder I ended up in the boat I am now. I am going to be thirty on the 29th and I need to make changes if I want to be around for my children as they get older. I am working on things though I try to limit my sugar intake as well as controlling my portions when I eat. I guess the next step is to start doing some kind of exercise. Well I just needed to vent a little bit.

Thanks for listening.

Blessed Be
Mark

Replies

• needlesedge
    Options
    Greetings,
    Just doing a little check in. I figured that maybe by venting in a forum it might make this whole diet thing easier. I have been back on the wagon for the last two weeks and it is slow going. I never realized how wired my brain was for eating. I never realized how often I ate for reasons other than being hungry. I ate when I was bored, I ate when I was tired, I ate when I was anxious, I ate when I was sad, I ate when I was happy I ate for just the simple fact of eating. No wonder I ended up in the boat I am now. I am going to be thirty on the 29th and I need to make changes if I want to be around for my children as they get older. I am working on things though I try to limit my sugar intake as well as controlling my portions when I eat. I guess the next step is to start doing some kind of exercise. Well I just needed to vent a little bit.

Thanks for listening.

Blessed Be
    Mark
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey, those revelations are certainly putting you on the right path! It's good to know your patterns so you can put an end to them!

I was just saying in another thread that I found ways to keep my mind and hands occupied so I wouldn't think of food...hobbies, chores, projects...new routines! It definitely helps.

Congrats on the progress!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You are exactly right. It takes time to figure out what your bad habits are, and then to change those habits into good ones. It is slow going but that's the good news - because fast fixes don't work long term. Lifestyle changes work long term. Keep going, you're doing great!
  • needlesedge
    Options
    Last night was a horrible night for me. My girlfriend worked till late and I had both of my daughters and her son. The fact that I am trying to quit smoking made the stress even worse so I found myself binging and in turn hating myself afterwards. One day at a time I guess.

Blessed Be
    Mark