Water?

Options
I've heard that not drinking besides leading to dehyrdation can lead to others things. Such as constipation and not being able to lose weight. This is my dilema i could go all day and not drink anything either water or anything. Does anyone have any truth behind this? I value any information given. Thanks!

Replies

• sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've heard that not drinking besides leading to dehyrdation can lead to others things. Such as constipation and not being able to lose weight. This is my dilema i could go all day and not drink anything either water or anything. Does anyone have any truth behind this? I value any information given. Thanks!
  • DebbieDuffy31
    Options
    Your right it could lead to all that stuff. Water helps weight loss because it helps makes you fill fuller b4 you eat and it also helps flush out the fat.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes! Plus, it can lead to overeating - it bears repeating that a lot of the time we think we are hungry we really are thirsty. Drink water!! Plus, if your body is hydrated, it functions so much better - from your muscles to your digestive system.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    your body literally needs water to do the chemical processes of metabolizing (using) fat. so if you want the fat gone--you need the water.
    also, water helps flush out lactic acid from your muscles after workouts.
    water is absolutely necessary, whether you're trying to lose wt or not.
    Drink up!
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    I used to just drink maybe only one or two glasses a day, and probably 3 diet cokes!! And for the past 2 months, i've been drinking about 9-10 glasses of water, and NO diet coke, and it has helped me shed the pounds. WATER is great!! You also feel so much better.
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding. I just am not a thirsty person could go all day and drink nothing. But i am forcing myself to drink now so we will see what happens. Again thanks!
  • prinsezk
    prinsezk Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree i am never thirsty until lunch time.......
    I used the 5 calorie crystal light packets (lemonade is my fav)

Def helps me get my water intake!!\

:drinker: