Liver/Gallbladder flush

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
My DH is into all natural health as much as possible. He's looking into the liver/gallbladder flush....not for weightloss purposes, just for good health. I've watched several things on YouTube, researched on the internet...and I just dont' know. I like that idea that I'd be flushing all the gallstones out of my gallbladder(assuming I had any) but then again I'm not fully "sold" on how legit it is.

Is there anyone familiar with this and how did it work out for you?

(This one involves olive oil, lemon juice and epsom salts):noway:

Replies

• mello
    Options
    My DH is into all natural health as much as possible. He's looking into the liver/gallbladder flush....not for weightloss purposes, just for good health. I've watched several things on YouTube, researched on the internet...and I just dont' know. I like that idea that I'd be flushing all the gallstones out of my gallbladder(assuming I had any) but then again I'm not fully "sold" on how legit it is.

Is there anyone familiar with this and how did it work out for you?

(This one involves olive oil, lemon juice and epsom salts):noway:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I JUST listened to Jillian Michaels talk about one on her radio show.

She said she does a gallon of water, 4 dandelion tea bags, the juice from 1 whole lemon, and 4tbls of natural unsweetened cranberry juice. She does one gallon of that a day for 5 days.

You can find her radio show here, she talked about this on 4/20:

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My mom had gallbladder problems a couple of years after I had mine removed. Her naturopathic doc gave her a recipe for a gallbladder flush - actually made her sick. However, it cleared up her gallbladder issues. She does it like once a year now and she has never had any gallbladder problems again. So, worked for her. The recipe she has is yucky, but since it saved her from surgery it was worth it!
  • mello
    Options
    My mom had gallbladder problems a couple of years after I had mine removed. Her naturopathic doc gave her a recipe for a gallbladder flush - actually made her sick. However, it cleared up her gallbladder issues. She does it like once a year now and she has never had any gallbladder problems again. So, worked for her. The recipe she has is yucky, but since it saved her from surgery it was worth it!

I'm thinking it might be the same thing.....does it involve drinking a large amont of olive oil?
  • mello
    Options
    I JUST listened to Jillian Michaels talk about one on her radio show.

She said she does a gallon of water, 4 dandelion tea bags, the juice from 1 whole lemon, and 4tbls of natural unsweetened cranberry juice. She does one gallon of that a day for 5 days.

You can find her radio show here, she talked about this on 4/20:

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting

Thanks!!! I'll look into it and pass the info along to DH