Omelette - what's in yours?

Options
Posted this over in F&N also.

I tired of eating tuna/sweetcorn in my omelette so I needed suggestions how to vamp it up! I am in Ireland so no fancy (American or otherwise) things in it that only make my jealous!

cheers

Replies

• pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I add a little garlic, some cheddar cheese, onions, roasted red peppers, and lots of spinach! Delicious!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    mushrooms, peppers, spring onion with garlic, chives and cayenne - Thats my favourite omelette.

Bacon, onion and par boiled sliced potatoes with black pepper, chives and a few chili flakes - a real meal omelette, a favourite with my boys
  • misstash123
    Options
    Mushrooms is my favourit or blue cheese as its so strong you dont have to use as much of it
  • venetianz
    venetianz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mine is always so easy and fast. mixed veggies some cold meat and sweet chillie sauce
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tend to add whatever is in the cupdoards/fridge but two of my faves are red onion + sweetcorn, and cheese + baked beans!

I love omelettes!!
  • Whaleluvr
    Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just use light ham (enough for flavor), and cheese!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bumpin for ideas yum!
  • knelson422
    Options
    spinach, red peppers, and feta
  • emilynova
    emilynova Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Spinach and feta
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumping for later too, sounds toooo nice, omelette for dinner me thinks ;)
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    Green Giant Chopped Spinach and Mushrooms
  • AmyJackson1990
    AmyJackson1990 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :heart: Wow nice post !! I LOVE omlettes lol , when i make them iv nly ever made it with cheese, onion and garlice or chillies or pepper. I had one other week with 1 grilled sausage cut up. sausage omlette. was delicious.. xxx
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, potatoes, onions, cheese, milk (1 tablespoon - omelet gets nice and fluffy), sweet peppers :D
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni/chorizo slices, cheese, sliced green pepper & tomato= PIZZA OMLETTE

or shall I say, Nomlette!!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Last night mine had onion, peppers, sweetcorn and peas. Hubbys had onion, peppers and cheese. Both had garlic powder in there too with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper.

You can basically put in an omelette whatever you fancy.
  • Clare_McGhee
    Clare_McGhee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually add grated cheese to the egg mix, fry the omelette & then pour my Onions, peppers, mushrooms & tomatoes that I have sautéed into it & fold it over like a wrap, yummy!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I usually just load up my omelettes with tons of veggies...tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, etc. SO GOOD! LOL

You can put in turkey or ham, bacon (within reason I guess....lol), spinach, steak, sausage, etc.

You can make it a mexi-casa omelette with salsa and mexcian spices! Although I am not sure if this is the 'fancy' stuff you are talking about...lol
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    salsa and usually some cheese! (I use low fat cheese and mostly egg whites, so very low cal)

I also love spinach and tomatoes! YUM!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon, mushroom & onion, with or without cheese.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am a simple kind of guy.

I like, peppers, onions, mushrooms and a little cheddar cheese in my omelet. Topped with a little low sodium ketchup on the plate beside a piece of multi grain toast.

Mmmmm, already thinking about tomorrow's Saturday morning breakfast! :-)