whey protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• MNHoliday
    Options
    I'm looking for a protein powder to up, well, my protein intake. However, has anyone found one that has NO Artifical sweeteners (splenda, aspartame, etc...) and has NO vegetable oils? Haven't found any yet that doesn't have one of these :( Whey protein would be preferable, but would look at other types....
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a protein powder to up, well, my protein intake. However, has anyone found one that has NO Artifical sweeteners (splenda, aspartame, etc...) and has NO vegetable oils? Haven't found any yet that doesn't have one of these :( Whey protein would be preferable, but would look at other types....

Whey Gourmet Naturelle uses natural sweeteners and contains no oil. 20g protein per scoop, 120 cals.

Still laughing at the guy who won't mix with dairy milk. Because, well, you know whey is dairy, right? :laugh:
  • 2wiceOver
    Options

I use the Super Advance Whey Protein powder (Chocolate Peanut Butter). The label doesn't say anything about Artifical Sweeteners or veg. oils. You can see it here: http://images.vitaminimages.com/cdn/sd/pdf/L044320-AE.pdf

Since I strictly drink only water, any sort of flavoring is awesome to me. So I mix 1 scoop with 10oz of water and icecubes in a shaker. The label recommends 6-8oz of water but 10-12 is fine for me. I couldn't imagine taking in two scoops, wow that would be good I bet...
  • MNHoliday
    Options
    Sucralose :(
  • CenlaCoach
    Options

Look at Optimum Nutrition's Natural line of protein powder.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I use my unsweetened unflavored whey powder in my almond milk, strawberry, flax seed smoothie for breakfast. It's a great source of vitamins and protein, and I don't get why other posters won't use it as a meal replacement. I exercise every day, and haven't had a problem whatsoever. Good luck-I get mine at the local health food store.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Biox All Natural Powder Whey. Sweetened with Stevia.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you can, it's better to get natural protein from food sources. That's what I read anyway. With that said, I drink Body Fortress Whey Protein after my workout each day. I only drink 8 oz. and mix it with water. I love it. It's tasty. I haven't gained weight from taking it and I have been losing consistently but I think that is a result of my workouts and eating better/within calorie range.

Definitely do not use it as a meal replacement.. IMO, I don't like meal replacements. Can't beat good food :)

Where do buy this stuff?

Wal Mart :)