Giving up a teenage metabolism is harder than I thought!

amelioratelj
amelioratelj Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I'm LauraJane, and I am semi-new to MyFitnessPal.
I am a recently married young woman, and growing up and adjusting to married life has proven to be more difficult than I expected! Going out to eat often and my husband's love of fattening foods has contributed to me weighing more than I have in my entire life. I have never been so unhappy with my body! Although I am not overweight, I know I need to get a handle on my unhealthy habits before they get out of control.
I have asthma and pretty severe allergies, which keeps me from exercising like I'd like to. I also build BULKY muscle very easily- So I am looking for exercises to keep me lean, but with lots of definition. I jump rope, do yoga and lots of ab workouts 3-4 times a week, but my work is easily undone with a junk food diet, which I am trying to correct. I'd love some new friends and support in reaching my weight loss goals, and I am excited to shed my extra pounds!!!:happy:

Replies

• Hello everyone! I'm LauraJane, and I am semi-new to MyFitnessPal.
    I am a recently married young woman, and growing up and adjusting to married life has proven to be more difficult than I expected! Going out to eat often and my husband's love of fattening foods has contributed to me weighing more than I have in my entire life. I have never been so unhappy with my body! Although I am not overweight, I know I need to get a handle on my unhealthy habits before they get out of control.
    I have asthma and pretty severe allergies, which keeps me from exercising like I'd like to. I also build BULKY muscle very easily- So I am looking for exercises to keep me lean, but with lots of definition. I jump rope, do yoga and lots of ab workouts 3-4 times a week, but my work is easily undone with a junk food diet, which I am trying to correct. I'd love some new friends and support in reaching my weight loss goals, and I am excited to shed my extra pounds!!!:happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Welcome to MFP!

You are smart to kick the bad habits before they start to come back to haunt you. I wish I had of been smart enough to do that -- maybe I wouldn't of reached 255lbs! Oh well, lesson learned and I am on my way to a healthier and happier me. And so are you!:flowerforyou:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Welcome. I am also new to the site and have been so encouraged and inspired by other posters!
    As a fellow junk food junkie who can't figure out why 3-4 hours of workouts 6 times a week isn't enough to help me lose weight, I sympathize with your food issues! The tracker has been such a turning point for me. I am earning close to 1000 daily calories with my exercise which means I had been eating close to 3000 calories daily! The real miracle is that I only have 40 pounds to lose!
    As far as achieving a lean/cut look, I hate to say it, because I really wish it weren't so, but it is 90% diet!:tongue: I've denied it for years, but it's the truth. Sorry!
    Good luck in your endeavors!
    You have come to the right place!

Becky
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    I am in the same boat. I just turned 30 and although I have been working out regularly and cut out fatty foods years ago, I am finding it harder and harder to maintain my weight. When I was a teenager I lived on eating fast food, which created terrible eating habits. Over the past 10 years, I would say that I on average have been gaining a permanent 5 pounds per year and the only fast food I eat is the grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a. I am not over weight yet but I am not at my doctor recommended "ideal" weight. I know, if I don’t do something now, I will encounter bigger problems later. I am my mother’s daughter and my mother became morbidly obese in her mid 20s.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.