UPDATE on my question from the other day

Options
So I went to see my Dr and they did an EKG and think that I have tachycardia since I had to lay still for the EKG and my rate was still in the mid hundreds. They had me do a lot of blood work and put me on a pill that regulates my hr. This morning was my first pill and I actually do feel a little better like I am not having to catch my breath as much. I am scheduled to see a cardiologist soon and they will do a complete work up on my heart. Until then I can not push myself at the gym I tried to keep my rate under 160 yesterday and didn't even break a sweat :ohwell: I only burnt 312 calories and I am used to doing 700-800+ but I guess I will have to do with what I got now.
The sad thing is my goal of the half marathon is probably gone :sad: :sad:

Replies

• stimpy6298
    Options
    So I went to see my Dr and they did an EKG and think that I have tachycardia since I had to lay still for the EKG and my rate was still in the mid hundreds. They had me do a lot of blood work and put me on a pill that regulates my hr. This morning was my first pill and I actually do feel a little better like I am not having to catch my breath as much. I am scheduled to see a cardiologist soon and they will do a complete work up on my heart. Until then I can not push myself at the gym I tried to keep my rate under 160 yesterday and didn't even break a sweat :ohwell: I only burnt 312 calories and I am used to doing 700-800+ but I guess I will have to do with what I got now.
    The sad thing is my goal of the half marathon is probably gone :sad: :sad:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't be sad:flowerforyou: I'm sure you'll be able to do the marathon in some form when you're condition has been stabalized. And don't worry about the calorie burn. Your condition (IMO) is an example of why hrm are not necessarily a good indication of calories burned. And remember keeping heart rate and 50% burns primarily fat :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You marathon goal is not gone... just delayed a bit.
    Chin up. The good news is you are under a doctor's care. :flowerforyou:
    (My dad goes in for an EKG on Friday.)
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    I am thankful I decided to start a healthy lifestyle because I don't think I would have paid any attention to what my heart was doing until something would go wrong.