how you cure your hangover (just for fun)

so im attempting to give up drinking and my hubby brought up the point of no more hangovers...

how ive always delt with mine is if i can remember and im not to wasted i slam a bottle of gatoraid and take tylenol before bed then when i wake up i do the same, but like i said i have to remember to do it the previous night lol.....

whats everyone elses silly home remedies for hangovers?!?!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Auntie Anne's jalapeno pretzel with cheese dip, or Papa John's pepperoni pizza with garlic butter dip. Either way, a combination of fats and carbs.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Tylenol the night of and an Egg McMuffin in the morning.

Sigh...it's not usually the hangover that kills me, though - it's the drunk munchies. That's what I get for drinking at a bar with a deep fryer...
  • My old cure was to be sure to drink a large glass of water + multivitamin before bed if I knew I really "tied one on"... In the morning, if I forgot, tylenol + cold greasy pizza.

I wouldn't say I have quit drinking, in the 4 months I've been at this I drank once on a "special occasion" and it cost me that's for sure. Just don't drink, it's not worth it.
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Before bed: 2 ibuprofen, 1 chewable vitamin C and 1 multi vitamin taken with a glass of water

If I wake up hungover, my go to remedy is McDonald's. One large coke with no ice and a sausage cheese mcgriddle.
  • GATORADE! OR POWERADE!

hydration + electrolytes

oh.... and of course, some ibuprofen n prob a nap (lol!)
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Join AA like I did.

That is after you've woken up in a different country three days after a bender with no passport and trousers on.

It works for me.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    Mexican food and Iced tea.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Mexican food! When I lived in So Cal there was a wonderful little mexican place that was open all night. I would get a carne asada burrito and a diet coke the night of drinking before I went home. My go to next day remedy is Alka Seltzer, ibuprofen and lots of water.
  • goldieglitter
    goldieglitter Posts: 13 Member
    Drink a big glass of water and have a piece of toast with Vegemite on it. I'm American, but my Aussie friends introduced me and I have been hooked ever since. It has a TON of vitamin B in it, which helps prevent hangovers.
  • before my diet i used to eat bacon, the grease supposedly soaks up remaining alcohal, AND weighs down the stomach so you get rid of that im gunna puke feelings
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    before I go to bed a tall glass of water and an advil. When i get up, poutine :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Nothing better then an Orange Vitamin water, two advil... and a romp to get the blood pumping followed by a bacon egg and cheese sandwich.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    all the greasy food I can fit into my mouth and a bloody mary
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Nothing better then an Orange Vitamin water, two advil... and a romp to get the blood pumping followed by a bacon egg and cheese sandwich.

Or, this.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    glass of milk before I drift off to sleep and Mcdonalds first thing in the morning....LARGE OJ followed by sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin and large coffee!
  • Two aspirin before bed. If a little more is needed a glass or quart of store bought
    chocolate milk in the morning. Works like clockwork every time.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Drink water between drinks, or right before going to bed. & Shot of whatever I drank the night before in the morning.
  • lol i have done that before, very difficult on the "puke" scale but it did work lol
  • Well I can say I pretty much do what every one else does, of course I am happy to say I am a Jack girl and he treats me wonderful so I haven't had a problem with hangovers...yet! Maybe that says I drink way to much...hmmmm! My cousin had a routine that was unappealing to me to say the least but it worked for him I guess. He kept a fridge by his bed with beer, and before he would get out of bed he would open one up and drink it. He said it worked...I guess if you stay drunk you have no risk of hangovers. Come to think of it maybe we both drank to much :drinker:
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING AND START DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hair of the dog. cant be hung over if you are drunk