Need Low Carb meal plan - frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• kelr04
    kelr04 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am insulin resistant so I have to follow a low carb diet. I stay around 125 for my weight. Feel free to look at
    my diary. Not sure what you are eating, but watch the fruit and corn, peas and potatoes are good to stay away
    from too.
  • mylilliam
    mylilliam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bumping for websites
  • kstone70
    kstone70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stick to the plate method: 1/2 of your plate is veggies, 1/4 of your plate is a lean protein, and 1/4 of your plate is ONE serving of a healthy carb (brown rice, 100% whole wheat bread, quinoa, millet, etc). Your body needs carbs to function- but not the white stuff, the healthy stuff. Every meal or snack I try to do the plate method. It really works well for me. Also, it is better to eat your carbs for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, a lean protein and veggies works well. good luck!
  • penny01966
    Options
    Is there a way to adjust your myfitnesspal carbs and protein for the type of diet you're on? Or does it automatically decide for you? thanks! Penny
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain - I instantly gain weight with carbs and sugar.
    I've been doing the 17 day diet very successfully for the past 5 months (lost over 50lbs - but I have a lot more to lose)

Basically in the first cycle, you eat lean protein, veggies, low-sugar fruit, a bit of probiotic yogurt etc, and a bit of olive oil etc. for salad dressing or cooking. Lots of water, lots of green tea. No sugar, no "carbs" (I don't mean veggies).

Yes, it is strict but it totally works. It is nice not to measure or count too much - similar to Atkins in that way.
    As I say, I've lost 50 lbs, a friend lost 30 and her mom lost 60 over about a 5-7 month period.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to adjust your myfitnesspal carbs and protein for the type of diet you're on? Or does it automatically decide for you? thanks! Penny

Yes. I believe it is under tools at the top
  • ethelapple
    Options
    Try paleo/primal! I had a major carb/sugar addiction, and slowly but surely, it's dwindling. I've lost 10 lbs. in a month, don't feel hungry, don't feel deprived. I have tried every diet on the planet one time or another......but this one is AWESOME!
    Tonight's dinner was taco salad: lettuce, avocado, sauted peppers and onions, pastured ground beef, a teeny bit of cheese and sour cream, and salsa....it was AWESOME and FILLING!
  • ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    I do primal, and it's not terribly restrictive.....and I've lost about 17 lbs in just under two months. I love the way it makes me feel, not only with weight loss, but with bloating, gas, PMS, and my clearer skin.....it's shaping up to be a way of life.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking to a 1550 cal day plan. I go over sometimes but not usually and when I do, I make up for it the next day. Also, when I go over, I still stay under 2000 calories. Due to my weight, I should still lose weight, even at 2000 calories. I just started C25K also and hoping the exercise will jump start the weight loss. The problem I am having is that I havent lost any weight!!! I have been doing this for three months. I am hypothyroid and PCOS and I understand that going low(er) carb usually helps. The problem is... I dont know how many carbs to stay under. I am ALWAYS over my carbs on MFP. ALWAYS and also always over my sugar grams. Does anyone know of a lower calorie, lower carb meal plan out there? I know that a higher protein/lower carb plan works for me - I have done Atkins in the past but the Atkins plan has too many calories and too many shakes. I like food. Obviously! :) Any suggestions for meal plans, etc???

I never had any shakes on Atkins. Real food only.

Go to the Atkins website and look at the recipes. Forget the shakes, eat REAL FOOD