Success

Options
LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
4 weeks ago I went to the Doctor. My blood pressure was 150/100 and I weigh 180 pounds.

Started watching what I eat and excercisng the very next day.

Today, I went back and my blood pressure was 110/70 and I weigh 165 pounds.

I lost 15 pounds. My original goal was to weigh 165 by May 3, 2009, my birthday, but I met this goal today. How awsome is that.

Next goal: 150 by July 4, 2009. 10 weeks and 4 days away. Just need to lose 1.5 pounds every week to achieve this.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• LiMer
    Options
    4 weeks ago I went to the Doctor. My blood pressure was 150/100 and I weigh 180 pounds.

Started watching what I eat and excercisng the very next day.

Today, I went back and my blood pressure was 110/70 and I weigh 165 pounds.

I lost 15 pounds. My original goal was to weigh 165 by May 3, 2009, my birthday, but I met this goal today. How awsome is that.

Next goal: 150 by July 4, 2009. 10 weeks and 4 days away. Just need to lose 1.5 pounds every week to achieve this.

Wish me luck.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg:drinker:
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow..that's some drop in BP...mine has been about 145-155 over 95-100 - I am hoping that the exercise, diet and weight loss help drop mine down too!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Even better than the weight is the improvement in your blood pressure!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, good luck on your next goal. :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a great story and should be an inspiration to many! The BP is most impressive to me!

I bet your doctor was thrilled for you!!!

WTG!!::flowerforyou:
  • LiMer
    Options
    Thanks everyone for such kind words.
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Good job Li Mer! Thanks for sharing your good news.:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, and I love that you aren't trying to overdo your goals 1.5 a week is a reasonable and good goal to want to achieve.
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    My BP went from 130/90 to... believe it or not a resting read as low as 115/52 and several resting reads as low as 115/73. I already had my HBP med dose cut in half andf I am talking to my doctor about getting off completely, something he said I would probably never be able to do.

I've lost a total of 27 pounds so far, I want to lose 3 more than work on maintaining that.

I am 53 on May 4th and sooooo glad I got back into exercise and equally glad to have done the P90X program.
  • LiMer
    Options
    Wow... good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!