What am I doing wrong? (Please help!)

Options

Replies

• Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    But I also noticed you are taking pre-natal vitamins, soooooo ..... could it be that you are losing YOUR weight but gaining BABY weight?

I noticed that too! OP are you pregnant?
    Also, I don't see any exercise calories logged ... so on a day when you ate around 1300cals, you might have burned 300-400 in exercise and only had a NET intake of 900-1000 cals ..... WAAYYY too low.
    Log your exercise calories and eat back at least half of them to fuel your workouts.
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    You may be adding some muscle in place of the fat you have lost. Are you clothes fitting better? Do you take measurements??

I do take measurements, it hasnt gone done, and my clothes dont fit better... :(
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Also, if you can, try to break down your meals into smaller meals.
    No science behind this what so ever, it doesn't matter if you eat 1,500 calories in one meal or 5 meals. 1,500 is 1,500.
    And if you have to eat "bad", try to do it earlier in the day.
    NO science behind this what so ever, you can eat big macs at 10pm and still lose weight, there is no "magic eating time"
    As far as your workout, you may need to cut down on cardio a bit and lift more weights.
    Lifting weights, with a proper diet, will help you look better than cardio ever will. Aim for a 80-20 strength/cardio routine.
    Not heavier, just more reps.
    If you can get more than 10 reps the golden rule is to go heavier.
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    I looked at your diary and I don't see the sodium being tracked so that part is hard to tell. And I agree, you are eating a lot of processed foods.

But I also noticed you are taking pre-natal vitamins, soooooo ..... could it be that you are losing YOUR weight but gaining BABY weight?

I'm not pregnant yet, we're trying though! I read in a lot of books that it's good for your body to start taking them before pregnancy!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My suggestions:
    1. You are not eating enough calories if you are exercising as much as you stated.
    2. You are having too many carbs and not enough protein on most days (I only looked at about a week of stuff)

Are you pregnant?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Cut back on carbs and up your protein. Eat lots of fruits and veggies
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I take a PNV and am definitely not PG, but my doctor suggested them for any woman of child bearing age as well as for sure taking them for 6-12 months before you try to get pregnant, so it's not always related. :-)

I agree with watching sodium. I have low blood pressure too, but my doc has never been concerned with upping my sodium intake, and has actually told me drinking enough water and getting enough veggies is actually more beneficial than the small bump I might see from increased sodium. (I'm still over most days and don't really sweat it, but I do notice a difference in my water retention.)
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    I noticed you don't log your exercise calories which means your not eating them back. You are probably eating too little for the amount of work your body needs to fuel itself after exercise.

Check out this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/501511-great-read-on-plateau-ing?error_user_id=9724272&error_username=raisingbabyk&hl=plateau

I do log my exercise, this week I couldn't go to the gym because I've been sick since last sunday. But usually I do log them in.
  • jmaffett
    Options
    I don't believe that you're not eating enough food. Are you measuring your portions? Could be that you're not eating as little as you think? That's always my problem!!!

Are you also working out as hard as you think you are? Do you base your calorie burn on a heart rate monitor?

Just a couple of suggestions :)
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    cgwatson is right--even if you are retaining a buttload of water from sodium, if you are truly losing fat, you would still see a change in the scale. I agree with the suggestions that you should try tracking your measurements, because you may be gaining muscle. And if you ARE pregnant, then I can't imagine you are doing anything wrong...
    BTW
    Calorie deficit is calorie deficit, from a weight loss perspective, and you will still lose weight eating processed foods. Nutrition and overall health is another issue, but calories are calories. And if someone says that your body burns "good" calories faster than "bad" calories, please run.
    You don't need to eat small frequent meals, that is a matter of personal preference. Now this is my OPINION, but eating 100 calorie packs or snacks does not work--I am "hungry" 20 minutes later. 100 calories is nothing to your body.
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    I think you need to eat more. I'm as tall as you and when I was on 1500-1600 cals my weight didn't move for a long time. Up your cals. with 100 to 200 a day and see how thing go for 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, adjust again. Good luck to you.

This is good advice. If you are lifting weights you'll also need to try to consume more protein, carbs are fine they won't hinder you, but protein will help with muscle repair.
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    bump...
  • lja7269
    lja7269 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not eating so late at night. It has worked for me tremendously. All of these responses are opinions of course. I eat all of my calories for the day before 3 generally. I have a cheat day on Thursday and do as I please. Well, really I just don't think about the diet is what I do. I am down 20lbs in 6 weeks. You can do it!
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    Well I'm guessing the key here is to not give up! I'll do my best to lower my sodium, eat more veggies and fruits (about 3-4 times a week, I make myself a big 3-cups salad of whatever veggies I have in my fridge, with some low cal dressing (15cals) and it's reallllllly good! yum), upp my protein and lower my carbs! Gosh this is so hard when you have a husband who eats like a pig and still manages to lose weight! LOL
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    I would suggest not eating so late at night. It has worked for me tremendously.

There is no science behind this claim, please do more research before posting things like this, it is not beneficial to the MFP community. (see my previous post)
  • lja7269
    Options
    I never said it was scientifically proven. Chill out already! I said it worked for me and it has. I also said it was my opinion.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Here's what my plan looks like....easy to follow and seems to work. For each of the main meals I try to have - 1 serving protein, 1 serving carbs, 2 servings fruit/veggies. For my snacks (2 per day) - 1 serving protein and 1 serving of one of the other groups (depending on what I do at the gym - this is usually carbs).

It works for me and keeps my numbers in the reasonable range.
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    Play nice, people!! :S
  • lja7269
    Options
    Play nice, people!! :S

I know right! That is usually why I do not post on these sights. Seems there is always someone lurking waiting to attack. I clearly stated it was my opinion and it worked for me. Good luck!
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    Has anyone ever been through what I'm living right now? Like you feel like you're doing everything right but nothing's changing?