Need some help!

Options
So, I am 36 years old. I have never been active in a gym until 9 weeks ago. I have dedicated 30-45 mins every morning now to the treadmill. I walk between 2- 3 miles a day.
Overall, I am pretty slim, but was hoping to tone from working out. I don't overeat.
I basically feel pretty now, but I don't notice much change in my clothes? And others sites have suggested I might be at a plateau or even starving myself with calories???
ugh, this is such a process. Please help!
:sad:

Replies

• kps08002
    kps08002 Posts: 2
    Options
    So, I am 36 years old. I have never been active in a gym until 9 weeks ago. I have dedicated 30-45 mins every morning now to the treadmill. I walk between 2- 3 miles a day.
    Overall, I am pretty slim, but was hoping to tone from working out. I don't overeat.
    I basically feel pretty now, but I don't notice much change in my clothes? And others sites have suggested I might be at a plateau or even starving myself with calories???
    ugh, this is such a process. Please help!
    :sad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    play with the calories and increase your workouts
  • melaniewalker63
    melaniewalker63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert..........but have noticed in the past if I ate more portein and less carbs.....it worked.
    Just a thought. Good luck:happy:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to tone up, you could consider adding weight training to your cardio. Just some light weight work will help especially if you already consider yourself "slim".
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Weight training is essential in obtaining a tone body. Be sure to add some additional protein to your diet within 30 minutes of completing your weight training. Don't starve yourself either or you will eat into any muscle development.