katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!

I told him about the people that suggested steak and he said:

Him: And.. hmm... steak? really? ;)
    Darn. Those terrible guys! lol
    <3
    Me: I know, lol
    Him: Sorry.. STILL laughing about that.. ;)
    Sent at 3:08 PM on Tuesday
    Him: Can't disagree tho :)
    Sent at 3:10 PM on Tuesday
    Him: mmmmmm
    steak!!!!!
    Sent at 3:15 PM on Tuesday

So, going to make pot roast tomorrow, and going to try the cheeseburger pie later in the week. Will probably try some of the other ideas next week too! Keep 'em coming! I was talking to some of my friends at work looking for ideas too, and they were all like "you cook every night??!!!". I didn't think that it was such an usual thing....We usually have the leftovers for lunch the next day or for dinner the next night, but usually I don't cook large enough portions for tons and tons of leftovers. If I do, I generally try to freeze them, else we get sick of them!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

you dont like the taste of steak?

either you are grilling it wrong or you need counseling ASAP:wink:

proceed

I didn't eat steak for about 15 years, then one day I was feeling daring and tried a bite of someone else's. Turns out, I never had *good* steak before. Now, although I'm picky about it, I love :love: steak, but only have it about once a month.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How about a stir fry? You can use flank steak and tons of veggies (bell peppers of all colors, onions, broccoli, etc). Then you can pick out the steak and just do the veggies and he can eat the whole thing. It's also a great way to get veggies in and it's quick cooking!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    How about a stir fry? You can use flank steak and tons of veggies (bell peppers of all colors, onions, broccoli, etc). Then you can pick out the steak and just do the veggies and he can eat the whole thing. It's also a great way to get veggies in and it's quick cooking!

why would you pick out the steak? steak is delicious and not that high in calories, especially if you use a lean cut, like flank steak.

I'm with Dave. Cows are delicious. I don't even work out that vigorously, and when I go to the gym I have enough calories to eat eight ounces of new york steak with my dinner.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options

why would you pick out the steak? steak is delicious and not that high in calories, especially if you use a lean cut, like flank steak.

I'm with Dave. Cows are delicious. I don't even work out that vigorously, and when I go to the gym I have enough calories to eat eight ounces of new york steak with my dinner.

My hero!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I have a meat and potatos man and a very athletic, growing 11 year old.... meals that are hits in my house are as follows:

Taco Casserole (made with ground turkey and low carb tortillas) - they get to add all the cheese and sour cream that they want... I use lots of romaine lettuce, beans, fat free cheese and low fat sour cream.

Meat Loaf - look under the recipe section for Meatloaf in a Mug and you'll see my modifications for it... my family loves meatloaf!

Chicken Caesar Salads

Spaghetti - I use whole wheat. They eat as much as they want - I eat a serving and add some precooked chicken to it.

"Make your own pizza night" - they use Bobolis, I use whole wheat tortillas. I like to use BBQ sauce, reduced fat cheese, sliced chicken and onions on mine. They eat the full fat version of pepperoni pizza.

Turkey Chili

Stir Frys with Brown Rice - I use premade stir fry sauces, low sodium.

Cabbage Rolls made with a combo of ground turkey and lean ground beef.

What I've learned is that I can eat ANYTHING that my family eats - I just need to eat smaller portions. If I modify my meal just a bit - I get to eat more.

Check out the Hungry Girl site and the Biggest Loser cookbooks... they're are some great ideas!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    carne asada

cheap

easy

delicious
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the pig!

Nice lean ham steak, little garlic, grilled. Pork loin. Pulled pork. Some of this stuff is yummy and lean, surely no worse than cow steak.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the pig!

Nice lean ham steak, little garlic, grilled. Pork loin. Pulled pork. Some of this stuff is yummy and lean, surely no worse than cow steak.

"Babe" is one of my favorite movies
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    pork loin is one of my favorite foods:bigsmile:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I suggested to pick it out because she said she didn't really like red meat. I love steak stir fry!