weigh in

Options
So, how often do y'all weigh in? Should I just pick one day a week?

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yep one day a week, same time of day, naked, preferably after a visit to the bathroom and before any food or fluid intake. Also it's preferable to put your scale in one fixed place and never move it.

And if/when you hit a plateau, if you're the type to get discouraged, only weigh once a month.

Also use other metrics to determine success - tape measure, mirror, progress photos, belt hole positions, body fat % etc. Scales can be awfully discouraging if you only use that one measure of success.
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once/week although I occasionally hop on the scale during the week. I try not to do that too often though because I can drive myself crazy. Weight fluctuates so much depending on time of day, time of month (for women), water intake, carbs consumed, etc. etc. Once a week at the same time of the day in similarly-weighted clothing suits me best.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This is TOTALLY a personal preference. Some will tell you every day, some once a week, some once a month, some don't weigh and just measure.
    Do what works for you!
    For me.....daily holds me accountable....but that is for ME. I would never tell someone else how often to do it. :wink:
    Kaye